DATE: November 16th, 2008

11 AM START - 10 AM SELLERS CHECK-IN

AMERICAN LEGION POST    
    11702 GALVESTON ROAD
    HOUSTON, TX 77034
    (WHERE THE JET IS)
    Please no outside food or drink!          
    No Smoking inside the building!

THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PICK UP SOME GREAT FISH THAT YOU NEVER SEE IN STORES AS WELL AS SOME COOL STUFF AT THE SILENT AUCTION! DON’T MISS IT!!

PLEASE CALL ONE OF THE TWO PHONE NUMBERS LISTED BELOW TO OBTAIN A SELLER ID IF YOU WISH TO SELL!

Please read and follow the rules below. Fish or plants that are improperly bagged will be rebagged and you will be charged for each one. Make sure the size of your bags are the right size for the fish they hold and that you have the correct quantity of air and water for the fish to survive. Dead fish at Check Out will be deducted from your proceeds.

CALL 832-595-2777 -or- 281-286-2238 FOR MORE DETAILS

HOUSTON AQUARIUM SOCIETY

AUCTION RULES

--Everyone is welcome, hobbyists and professionals alike. You do not have to be an HAS member to buy or sell. Items are accepted for sale at the sellers risk! HAS will not accept responsibility for any item’s safe keeping nor its condition before or after the sale.

--There is no total bag limit! There is, however, a limit of five (5) bags of any one species or type of item per seller. Priority stickers will be issued at the time of registration. Each seller in the auction will be allotted four colored stickers for each four items to be placed in the auction. The items will be divided into four color groups, red - yellow - green - blue.  If a buyer wishes to move a bag up in the auction, they may do so by paying a $2.00 fee.

--Proper fish bags must be used. Zip-locks and baggies are unacceptable. Live animals must be properly bagged with air and water. Please double bag. There will be a $2.00 charge to the seller of any bags that we must re-bag.

--Please label bags with fish or plant name, quantity, and sex if known. Labeling must be done in waterproof black ink. If a stick-on label is used it must be white.

--Larger fish or animals may be put into buckets or Styrofoam boxes to be sold with the item.

--Minimum bids will be accepted! However, 25% of the minimum bid will be charged to the seller if the item is passed.

--Seller will retain 75% of the sale price with the remaining 25% going to HAS.

--All sellers will be given a seller number which must appear on every item.

--Buyer and seller ID are not the same. Anyone wishing to bid, including sellers, must be registered as a bidder. There is no admittance fee. There is a $5.00 bidder fee per person if you wish to bid on anything in the live or silent auctions

--At least 5 minutes notice will be given before closing each table at the silent auction.

–If you wish to obtain a seller number before the auction or have any other questions please call 281-286-2238.

--The American Legion Post will serve refreshments at a nominal fee.

Hope everyone can make it to the Houston area's best auction!!
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Re: HAS FALL 2008 AUCTION

I can't wait.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

*BUMP*
      Charles Jones
      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

If anyone can get a dwarf or lesser siren, please bring it to the auction, and I will happily bid on it. Thanks.
        PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

BUMP!
          PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

I'll be bringing some larger angels -  "The Other Cichlid"  !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameo";p="
              I'll be bringing some larger angels - The Other Cichlid !!
               We are the minority aren't we.  I'll be bringing some of my large zebra angels, with the pearlscale gene.  Some express the pearlscale and some don't but they are all siblings from a male zebra and a female silver pearlscale.  They all have excellent markings, nice straight lines, not marbley looking at all, they are all zebra.  I don't think any of my assassin snail babies will be large enough to bring and I don't really have enough to make it worthwhile.  I may bag up some small quanties of Potassium Permanganate to bring.  I'll have to dig around in the garage and see what else I have.
              Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

wow! Already time for more fish!!!
                2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

These a couple of the zebra angels I'll be bringing.  That is if my mind in not jello after all the paint fumes are done with me.

Zebra's
                  Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Very, very nice, Nancy.  Can't wait to meet them "in person" !

Comment

*BUMP* for what I'm told is now the largest fish auction in the country!
                      Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Originally posted by marauder_77868";p="
                        *BUMP* for what I'm told is now the largest fish auction in the country!
                        That is awesome and wouldn't doubt it!  I have fun when I can attend.
                        Raul
                        PokerFace

Comment

Thanks Raul. I've been told that by several people who have been to auctions around the country and given how large it's become I suspect they are correct.
                          Charles Jones

Comment

I'm going to combine two seperate groups of dubs together, to make room for some new kids.

I'm sorry we all did not get to go to the Hill Country auction.

CF
                            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Yeah...I was looking forward to taking a big group. I felt kind of bad about going but I couldn't even get to the parking lot where everyone was supposed to meet. When I exited off of I-10 the feeder was underwater.
                              Charles Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X