Heiko Bleher in the hoosgow Update apparently now free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heiko Bleher in the hoosgow Update apparently now free

If you are familiar with Heiko Bleher this may be of interest to you.  I'm sure more is posted on other forums as well:

Heiko Bleher
    Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Re: Heiko Bleher in the hoosgow

That sucks.

I have his discus book, and he appears to be a very dedicated researcher. I wonder why he chose to risk taking specimens out of the country. He's been down there for years and knows the laws.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Heiko is a really cool guy....but his passion for fish leads him to sometimes bend the law just a bit. He is a very nice unassuming man who kicks into another gear where fish are concerned. His passion about them is evident when he speaks, even in everyday conversation. I hope his troubles are short lived.
      Here is a translation of the story....the original was in Portugese.

German researcher is imprisoned when trying to embark in Manaus with product of the Brazilian fauna without license
      Manaus (29/08/08) - Work of joint inquiry of the Ibama and Federal Polícia resulted in the arrest of Heiko Bleher, consolidated German researcher in Italy, when it tried to embark today for Milan, Italy, in the airport Eduardo Gomes in Manaus, with fabric samples of fish in alcohol without no ambient authorization.

The researcher, who displays projects, publications and expeditions in the Internet, was being investigated has one year for Ibama and PF that the steps of the German, suspected folloied of the practical one of would biopirataria. When knowing that it went to leave the country, the agents of the Ibama and the policemen had decided to revistar it in the hour of the embarkment and had effected the instant of transport of products of fauna without ambient license. Heiko and a companion imprisoned and had been lead to the Police station of the Federal Policy of Manaus. In the headquarters of the PF, the luggage of the couple it was examined. In it, the policemen had found two bags with fish settled in alcohol and formol.

In accordance with the Ambient Analyst James Bessa, of the Nucleus of Resources Fishing boats of the Supervision of the Ibama in Amazon, all the material was apprehended and goes to be directed to the National Institute of Research of the Amazônia (INPA) for skill accomplishment. “They are in the majority weaveeed of ornamental fish collected in this month, in the rivers Arrack, Demini of the Basin of the Black River and in the river Jutaí of the Basin of the High Solimões”. Also a personal computer, cameras of video and found devices of measurement with the researcher had been restrained for skill.

Bessa discloses that some of the apprehended species still are unknown of Science. The Ibama waits resulted of the finding to cultivate Files of legal documents of Infraction for collection and transport of material of fauna without license and attempt to leave the country with not authorized genetic material, in accordance with Federal Decrees 6,514/08 and 5459/05.

Alert it foreign researchers so that they get license of the National Advice of Pesquisa (CNPQ) of the Ministry of Science and Technology. If the access to the genetic patrimony will have for purpose the accomplishment of research with potential of economic use, as bioprospecção or technological development or to involve access the traditional knowledge associate, who authorizes is the Advice of Management of Patrimônio Genético (CGEN). If the access to the genetic patrimony will have for purpose the accomplishment of scientific research without potential of economic use and not to involve access the associated traditional knowledge, who authorizes is the Ibama, by means of the System of Authorization and Information in Biodiversidade (SISBIO).

Kezia Macedo - Ascom Ibama Fiscalization
      Charles Jones
      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Thanks for finding a good transalation on the that Charles.  I remember his presentations at FOTAS and his commitment to his studies and explorations were well expressed in his enthusiam to share his findings and experiences.

Comment

I never could understand the English,  Have you got a translation in American ?
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

It was from Babel fish...it doesn't translate into American.
            Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

8O  Poor guy. And his friend, too! Was that the same woman who was at FOTAS 2 years ago??  
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

It was probably Natasha if I had to guess....they've been together for a few years.
                Charles Jones

Comment

Re: Heiko Bleher in the hoosgow Update apparently now free

According to this article, he has been released.

Release article

Here is his posting on the rainbow forum,

Posting

Comment

Re: Heiko Bleher in the hoosgow Update apparently now free

8O ...........well.....that was a trip down nightmare's memory lane now wasn't it?......

Comment

Working...
                    X