Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good things to have for collecting plants in wild. Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good things to have for collecting plants in wild. Tips?

Tips for collecting and any suggestions or plants to look for in lakes in Texas. Specifically lake LBJ and areas around their.

Re: Good things to have for collecting plants in wild. Tips?

Had to look up Lake LBJ, not too familiar with it. But apparently TPWD lists some of the aquatic plants you can find there!

My tip for collecting plants - don't be afraid to get wet. Usually you can find most native plants near or on the shore, since lots of them are growing emersed. However, I like getting in the water and grabbing what I can find near the shores that way.

Are you looking for fish at all, or just plants?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Standard flower bed hand tools - trowel, fork, etc.
      plastic bags
      Ice Chest
      Goggles & snorkle
      sunscreen and a lot of towels
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

just plants thanks for the help

Comment

I went to San Marcos this past weekend and floated the Guadalupe.  Wow, what a pretty river and I had a great time.  The whole time I kept passing over all these great looking plants and banks of driftwood.   Unfortunately I'm too "green" to know what to do other than rip em out and take em home.  

Plant dips to kill bugs and algae.  Soaking the roots in a bath for weeks.  What are the easier ways of doing this, relatively speaking?

And, is anyone interested in a river trip to the Guadalupe?  I would love to go there, relax, enjoy the sites and collect to plants/wood while having a refreshing beverage, or two.
          Painting the world with drool and poop since 2007! ~ Papa Greg

Comment

Working...
          X