apisto breeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apisto breeding

anyone have any tips right now i have a male and female in a 10 with regualr water about 80 heat sponge filter plants (java fern) rocks some flat rocks a flower pot and feeding blood worms any other tips?
    altums 90 gallon
    fahaka puffer 68
    community 60 cube

can't find it make it
    can find it make it better

Re: apisto breeding

Check your hardness & pH
    RainForest fish like soft acid water
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

i am using ph down but anything else you would recomend
      i would use ro water but i dont have a unit and am to cheap to got to a store to get it
      altums 90 gallon
      fahaka puffer 68
      community 60 cube

can't find it make it
      can find it make it better

Comment

i used to do apistos.some adapt well to-breed easily in houston tap water,some dont.i usually had better luck with tank raised fish.for ph down to work well in houston water,you have to get rid of the hardness-r.o. filter.for me,cacatoides,mac masteri,and panduro worked good in tap water.best apisto spawning cave,take a coconut,drill a hole in it,empty the juice.cook it in the oven 1 hour low heat.cut it in quarters,clean out the fruit.good luck.

Comment

For my "wild" speces mouth brooding Bettas, I used rainwater and oak leaves.
          I just put a 55g barrel under the rain gutter and put 6" of oak leaves in the bottom.  
          The oak leaves made the water brown, the fish were happy but I wasn't, so I used a diatom filter to make it clear again.  
          I only used 15g at a time so the barrel stayed full of water and provided fresh mosqueto larva (live food) for my Bettas.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
          X