Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better picture

better
    Had about 900 gallons now I am tired and selling them off...

Re: better picture

sorry about that... hit the wrong button... this goes with the post...Pimples?

Comment

it could be some sort of external parasite.
      if you don't have any inverts...and no one can figure out what it is...API makes a really good external parasite medication.

Hopefully someone will have first hand experience with this though.
      Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
      Alexa Rae
      Co-President of CAK
      MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

I have had the same thing on some Parrots--no bad end result.  I would watch out for possible hole in the head based on the pic submitted.

Comment

nice to see you around the box again cope.....was wondering where you've been dude?
          if i were you i'd isolate her until you know what it is or have a chance to start parasitic treatment...

Comment

I lost one of my Large Green Severums to a condition of similar origins. Her/His condition started off looking like two or three little horns or tubes sticking out of h/h head....they went away, but the area where these tubes where got infected in some manner and I lost the severum in the hospital tank 3 days later.

I was trying melafix in the beginning with salt and higher water temp....but no luck....

I wish you better luck with your parrot....

CF
            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I had something similar on a goldfish. Ick broke out next. When I treated the fish with salt, melafix, and pimafix, the issue went away. I have no idea what it was though or which treatment fixed it.

Comment

Could it be anchor worms?  I read that the egg pod looks like a pimple, and that the host is actually burrowed further in.  I've never seen one in person, and I'm totally guessing, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Good luck and please keep us posted.  We have 3 parrots who we adore...I have a soft spot for them.  :)
                Our Fishhouse
                Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

this may be gross.. but here is what I did... Last night I caught the fish... gently brought her out of the water and wiped off the growth or what ever it was...(it literally looked like a cluster of ripe pimples that had bursted) sorry for the visual on that....... but I wiped it off with a paper towel.....then I took some Wardley Ick away... and poured it directly into /onto the area.. I then let her go.... I am sure it did not feel too good... as she went straight to her hiding place... well today after work I checked on her.. and all of the area looks 80% better .. there is still 1 or 2 small spots.. but the cluster is gone... there is some redness...... and she is acting like normal.... funny thing... one of the blood parrots in another tank has one of these on it's cheek.. just like it..... these two fish where purchased from different places... wonder of it is something in the water that has found it's way into each tank.. with all the recent rain and all...

Comment

Okay, forgive me for the possible grossness of this question, but....

When you wiped it off, was it like pus?  I'm just wondering if maybe that would help ID it as a bacterial infection?
                    Our Fishhouse
                    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

maybe you should get the poor girl some Proactive.
                      So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_chair";p="
                        maybe you should get the poor girl some Proactive.
                        \Burn, lol.  
                        Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
                        Alexa Rae
                        Co-President of CAK
                        MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

Working...
                        X