The New Eheim Pro lll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Eheim Pro lll

Has anyone tried them or heard anything good or bad about either of the new models that are out now?

What is the word on them?

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: The New Eheim Pro lll

Pro3e!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I got the pro3e and LOVE it. (per Ek's advice)
      It has the coolest buttons and automatic "wave" functions.  
      Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
      Alexa Rae
      Co-President of CAK
      MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

ER...yes....excuse my sugar rush....PRO3E....so how long have you had it alexarae?

Thanks

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Well there is the Pro3 and the Newest Pro3e.........just clarifying since I think they are both fairly new but different.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have seen the video on their web site and I like some of the new features, but would like to have some user input about them too...

CF

Comment

I got it on Saturday. I had heard that the "older" ones are slightly noisy.
              I put this bad boy in and it is dead silent...the fish love the "wave", it's easy to use...
              I love it (so far).
              *knocks on canopy*
              Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
              Alexa Rae
              Co-President of CAK
              MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

For the price and features, I really like the Eheim 2078 Pro3e better than the Eheim 2080 Pro 3.

The only real difference in the two is the 9L of media vs 13.5L of media, and about 50 gph if the pro3e is set to maximum.

Something to consider is the price of media to fill the 2080 vs the 2078, and then the added "features" of the 2078 also give it a lot more "failure" modes down the road.

I think they are priced the same so, its up to you.

If the tank is large tank, I'd go with 2080, if it is a small tank (150gallon or less) 2078 be fine in my opinion.
                380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Cool....thanks for your input, do you have one in use now ?

Last question, who or how did you get yours ?

CF

Comment

Dan at Aquarium Warehouse has the 2078 for a cheaper price than Foster and Smith's sale price right now.

The 2080 I know for a while Andy at Fishland had them on sale with Media for $400-425 I think.  I know John Jolley picked one up from him with Media for around that price.

Andy also has FX5's right now on sale for $199

Personally after using Eheim 2260, 2262, 2250, Rena XP3, Rena XP4's, and FLuval FX5...

my personal favorite is Eheim 2262.  But I would take the FX5 over any of the rest.  I think for the money you'll spend on about 6L of media and the filter, your getting a much better value in a fully packed FX5 than you are getting in the Eheim 2078, 2080.

ITs hard to beat that 18L of media in the 2260,2262's...but for the money...FX5 fully packed with Eheim media and the foams it comes equiped with, is a more economical choice and better bang for the buck.

I just dont care too much for the corregated 1" hoses of the FX5 or the large fry sucking intake strainer, but...there is ways around that if your creative.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean about the fry sucking intake tube from the FX5, I lost a few to it, and then went and found me one of those magnum filter socks and it fit perfectly over the oval fixture from "non-clog" intake tube.

Thanks for your input.

CF

Comment

The main thing I hate about the FX5 is the pump on bottom is a pain the disassemble, clean, re-assemble.

The FX5 is lower power consumption very effecient GPH vs. WATTS than the others.

Comment

Working...
                        X