Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help...Chichlid Compatibility Issue !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...Chichlid Compatibility Issue !!!!

Dear friends,

I am a newbie to this site and I need your help as i have compatibility issue in my tank. i have 2 texas app 5 inch ,
    2 Parrot app 3 inch, 2 zebra app 1 inch, 2 Oscar app 2.5 inch , 1 firemouth app 2 inch . all these fishes are fine and
    going along well as of now but the problem is that i want to buy a pair of frontosa i.e app 1.5 inch in size and m afraid
    that will it work well with other fishes of my tank or not as it's expensive fish..So should i go for it or not,

Your suggestions are more than welcomed.

Warm Regards
    Future

Re: Help...Chichlid Comparison Issue !!!!

welcome to the box....
    i am not a frontosa expert by no means but i wouldn't put all those fish together unless you've got a monster tank there?

Comment

Re: Help...Chichlid Compatibility Issue !!!!

how big is your tank?

Comment

my tank size is 50-55  gallon

Comment

8O ..........then i would definately not do it...

Comment

helll no

Comment

can you please tell me the reason ???

Comment

you are wanting to put alot of agressive fish in a very small space....these guys need ample room to roam in a tank....the oscars alone need alot of space...they are going to get very very big.....so if you put this much bioload in there not only will they not thrive they will kill each other quickly.....that's why..... :?

Comment

Your tank is small.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Again welcome to the box, I hope you are able to obtain another tank and split up the total of fish you have now into the new tank. When fish are young and smaller, they will sometimes mix or "get along" okay for a while, but as they grow, they will become aggessive towards their tank mates real fast as they learn to compete for food and the best hiding spots. Each fish you have selected (which are very nice fish) has the ability to become very aggressive quickly, so they may get along now, but it's going to become a fin nipping and tail chasing atmosphere real quick.

Please dont add the fonts to that group at this point, find them another tank if you can. I would say the 55 is the minimum sized tank, that I would keep a pair of Oscars in. You may want to give the others away or trade them at your LFS for food items.

I'd like to compliment you on your written english since you are from India, it's very good, better than some americans.

Best Regards to you too....

CF
                    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

We have Frontosa mixed with several other types of fish...Flowerhorns, Parrots, Zebra, Datnoids, Green Terrors, Flagfins, Giraffe Cats, Bleekeri...but they are in a 210g and a 240g.  We still have some aggression when our dominant male is ready to breed.  I have to agree with everyone else here that a 55g is just not going to be large enough in the long run.  

BUT, if you have plans to upgrade your tank size in the next few months, you might be able to pull it off.  Frontosa grow a lot slower than many other cichlids.  It will be a couple of years before the 1.5" Fronts get large enough to mess with anyone.  It seems like with your current list of fish, you might want to start looking for larger tanks...you will probably outgrow the 55g pretty soon.  :)
                      Our Fishhouse
                      Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
                      X