Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, I know better, I know better, RAZZELFRATZ !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I know better, I know better, RAZZELFRATZ !

I didn't quaranteen some of the new fish I got at the HAS auction and now I have ick in my planted comunity tank
    I have a tire track botea, corys, ABN plecos, Austrialian Rainbows, Turquoise Rainbows, black neon tetras, red fins,
    Red & blue Tetras, Giant Black Mollies, Pearl Gouramies & zebras.  
    Is salt by itself enough and how much is safe for my botea & tetras ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: OK, I know better, I know better, RAZZELFRATZ !

8O I hate it when that happens.
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
    Alexa Rae
    Co-President of CAK
    MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

i used 1 full teaspoon for each 10g like suggested by label and add some ick treatment to the tank.

Comment

Let this be a lesson to you, always protect your CAK when in strange waters.
        Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
        Co-President of CAK

Comment

Heard that higher temperatures also aid in cure and prevention if they can handle it.   Dang that is not a good thing.
          "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
          "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
          -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Do a half dosage of salt with a gradual increase of heat and see how the scaleless fish react and if all is well then go full.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I just had at case of ick too... I feel your pain. We added salt and raised the temperature in the tank, in a little over two days the ick is almost gone, YAY!

Comment

Here's a great article on Ich. Dave Sullenberger is a member of several fish and planted tank forums and IMO does a good job expaining the life cycle and salt/heat treatment of this parisite.

HTH

Mark
                What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Thanks Mark & all
                  I have treated ICK before but never on "scaleless" fish and I didn't want to hurt my CAK.
                  I'm hoping this will make it all better.
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Mark, that is a very good article for ich.....thanks for posting it....

good luck PP.....hope they do well and get better quickly for you......

Comment

hey i have treated ich with chemical everytime on scales fish,  koolies, and clown loaches and NO ill effect what so ever.  actually saved 15 baby clown loaches that were like 1 inch long with the powder ich treatment in those little silver bags.  cant think of the brand name, and every one of them was on deaths door with ich so bad it was almost not worth it and I cured all but 1 who died.  so thats just my experience

Comment

I added 6 tablespoons of non-iodized table salt to my Oceaniac 55+ yesterday and they look better already.
                        I'm even happier that none of them are belly

Comment

glad to hear that PP......

Comment

That was a good article. I, too, recently had an outbreak of ich. I am having the damnest time trying to figure out how it happened. Two of my tanks are infected and I can't narrow down the cause.

Comment

Working...
                            X