I have tons of baby crayfish!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have tons of baby crayfish!!!

Well, this time I allowed my florida blues to do things on their own terms and in their own ways.  I have at least 150+ babies running around the tank.  They run in and out of all of the adults...up the sides of the tanks... in and out of the caves and rocks.  The mom still has quite a few hanging on.  I am so happy :-).  I am guessing that the first time was practice... this is the real deal.
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: I have tons of baby crayfish!!!

Congrats! What are you going to do with all those babies?
    A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

I will find homes for them :-)
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

it's nice to see you on here woman....
        congrats on all your babies.....
        that's cool.....

Comment

Melt 5 tbsp butter
          add 1 package of Louisiana brand Cajun Etouffee' Mix
          stir over low heat until medium brown
          add 2 CUPS WATER & peeled crawfish tails, cover & bring to a boil.
          reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes
          remove from heat & let cool for 15 minutes
          serve over rice & ENJOY
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

ty ty...I am making the most of the single life again and enjoying the end of my summer vacation.  Lol ALL things must come to an end at some point lmao.  These baby crays are gorgeous.  And no...can't quite get a good pic with my old kodak.  I have some albino zebras that have already done the mating dance ;-)  and the female is holding... these guys are no where near adult size.  I have to admit..it is not easy telling the gender differences by a quick glance.  I am guessing it has to do with the appearance of stripes and the shiney more pearlized sheen of the males.  This is my guess.  I haven't quite looked it up online..but this is just from studying the al.zebs I have here.  It helps that when they were sent to me, he sent me like 16 or so... prob more.  ANyway... the baby crays are maybe 1/4" and so fun to watch...especially when they run into each other.  If anyone would be interested in a few of my blue crays, I can write your name down and do my best to see that you get some.  Yes...they do have a ways to go..but I'm sure I will get some out of this batch...especially since she still has some attached that she is still fanning.  I'm going to add more more hiding spots.  Loretta...how is Renny doing?
            / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

omg...... phish...you are too funny... yes...  I even laughed... but no matter how little food i have in the house... the fish eat first.. and not the other way around.
              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Renny is spoiled rotten....she eats better than i do....
                she's so cute....we've truly bonded well.....
                you'd get a kick out opie my parot...he's learned to imitate her bark....i kid you not....i heard Renny barking so i went to see if she was calling me to see where i was....but it wasn't her...it was opie....he's so funny.....but she's fine....
                how are you doing you single woman you.....and remember....don't dis me over here.... :wink:

Comment

A single woman that loves fish.
                  We'll have to get together sometime over lunch and swap fish tails ond other stuff.
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

MAN...DB...you just won the hearts of many men of fishbox.  
                    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
                    Alexa Rae
                    Co-President of CAK
                    MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

8O .......

.....yeah...you go Reba......

Comment

uh...yeah ...back to those baby crays
                        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Hey Reba!

Glad to hear about the baby crays!  

How is your puppy doing?

Comment

Originally posted by alexarae";p="
                            Actually, my daughter is older that both of you two, but it never hurts to be seen with a beautiful lady on your arm

Comment

Originally posted by alexarae";p="
                              LOL You must not know dblonde very well.
                              Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                              Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                              Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Working...
                              X