I'm about to buy this thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm about to buy this thingy

I am very close to ordering this eheim attachment from petsmart, I think it seems beneficial.
    Let me know your thought before I spend almost $30 on it.

Does anyone have any experience with it?
    I'm also thinking about getting rid of my rena xp3 and upgrading to the new Fluval X5...I saw it in my Aquarium magazine.
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
    Alexa Rae
    Co-President of CAK
    MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Re: I'm about to buy this thingy...

I wouldn't buy it, seriously.
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's, Houstons premier fish club.

David Seratt
    Co-President of CAK

Comment

But why not?
      Alexa Rae
      Co-President of CAK

Comment

Oh Lord, Your giving me a headache Lexi. Why in the world would you want that glorified bendy-straw. Thats like when I sell someone an extended warranty.

The filter is aight, but, I would only say buy it if you were planning on using the one you have for your maja's tank and you take the new filter.

Speaking of which, what is the status of that?

David Seratt
        Co-President of CAK

Comment

Brilliant David. She's getting the 90, so I think the rena xp3 will be good for her. I'mmaaa I'maaa get the new wunnn.
          Alexa Rae
          Co-President of CAK

Comment

Thats what I'm here for. :)

David Seratt
            Co-President of CAK

Comment

Keep the XP3 and just add a second one if you don't think that it's enough.  I know someone selling one for $100 and he lives pretty close to Galveston too.

Comment

i run an xp3 and an eheim 2217.
                I love the rena...but I don't like the way it looks in my aquarium.
                I can't get over the long grey filter tube. I'm somewhat of a "detail freak". It's possibly OCD, lol.
                The filter tube just sickens me. I like the green eheim...it fits well.
                I know it sounds petty, but everyone likes their aquarium a certain way.
                Alexa Rae
                Co-President of CAK

Comment

I know what ya mean.  I rebuilt all of the inlet and outlet tubing on my last one out of the gray pvc piping so it would blend a little better.  This one was originally used in a saltwater tank that I bought so all of the inlet piping was hidden with live rock and the outlet piping changed over to lockline to divert it into multiple directions.

I'm having the same OCD issues with the entire setup that I have right now...hence the reason that it's all for sale...LOL!!!!!

Comment

lol, I know how ya feel Hanson. I can't get the friggin' intake tube to stay straight. It's always crooked and refuses to blend in, despite my efforts to hide it.
                    8O It makes me want to scream. I am still trying to find a picture of the intakes on the new fluval.
                    Alexa Rae
                    Co-President of CAK

Comment

Yeah, if you look at the photo in my ad in the FishMarket section...you will notice a nice crooked inlet pipe in the right corner...

Comment

Working...
                      X