peacock gudgeon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peacock gudgeon

i got a 20g tank thats fairly heavily planted. i got 10 harlequin rasboras in there, 15 rcs and 3 amanos. i got 6 threadfin rainbows today (3m 3f) but i noticed a tank full of peackock gudgeons in the lfs. these things are really cool lookin and id like to get a pair for my tank. im concerned about overstockin so i might get rid of a couple of my harlequins first. you think theyll be ok in my tank?

Re: peacock gudgeon

According to this

http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Oddball,...20Gudgeons.htm,

they should be, but read this yourself and maybe do a bit more research to be sure....

Good Luck
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

ya ive read through that page as well as a couple others. if i just keep a pair will the male flare when courting the female? or do i need two males for them to flare at each other?

Comment

and does anyone know if they will eat my rcs

Comment

"Tank Mates: Fellow good mixers include dwarf gouramis, sparkling gouramis, honey gouramis, white clouds, featherfin rainbows, kuhli loaches, glassfish, killifish, otocinclus, red cherry shrimp, ghost shrimp, and other mini-fishes."

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/...audahtml .htm

"[Diet:] Frozen or live foods seem to be the meal of choice. I have not had much success feeding dry conventional foods such as flake or pellets. Earthworm flakes and crushed krill will be eaten but not with the enthusiasm as available frozen or live choices like brine shrimp, bloodworms and mosquito larvae. Chopped black worms and small fruit flies will also work out well. Their natural diet consists of insects, insect larvae and small crustaceans. The gudgeons do not eat anything vegetable based. Although the choices for small frozen foods available are limited try to vary the diet the best you can. I feed twice daily and all the above foods are eagerly accepted."

???

Comment

talked to the lfs, they said they might eat baby rcs but not full grown ones. can anybody confirm this? seems to make sense seeing the size of their mouth

Comment

Sorry, I'm sure you know more about these guys then I do, but we do have some experienced nvert keepers here, maybe they will chime in...??

Steve
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
              X