diy filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diy filter?

does anyone kno if there is a diy filter for mayb a 10 gallon. trying to see if there is a way whereas it requires no electricity. thx

Re: diy filter?

try browsing YOU TUBE, there are a few on that site....pretty neat ones too....

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

o yeaaa...haha y didnt i think of utube. lol

Comment

I dont know if its possible to have a filter with no electricity... they are typically dependent on water moving thru the filter material...

I guess you could use a sponge filter, and instead of an airpump use a tank of compressed air to make the bubbles...

Comment

Plants and mangrove roots maybee?
          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

still going to need some kind of circulation.
            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

this sounds like a job for the geeks, we need to put them on the trail for low wattage or Zero wattage water circulation systems/methods.

CF
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

lol...i was kinda thinking of something along the lines of using the constant water flow of a syphon cleaning tube.

Comment

I've read about setups that are constantly trickling a small amount of water into the tank and have an overflow for the old water...

there was a thread about that sort of setup not too long ago...

Comment

Everybody wants a perpetual motion machine.........

put one tank on the north end of a seesaw and one tank on the south end and the filter in the middle.
                    Then have your kids use the seesaw  
                    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
                    X