Electronic Ballast for 36" Single bulb 40Watt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Ballast for 36" Single bulb 40Watt

Does anyone know where I get a repalcement electroni ballast for sinlge 36" T8/T10/T12 up to 40Watts?

The one in my 36" Oceanic Cherry Oak fixture bit the dust, and I need a replacement.

Thanks,

Geoff
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Re: Electronic Ballast for 36" Single bulb 40Watt

I bought replacement electronic ballasts for my 2 lamp 36" T8 fixtures at Lowe's. Not sure if they were good for single lamp up to 40w. It's possible they have them. If it's a common brand like Advance the local electrical supply stores can usually get them if they don't already have them in stock. Consolidated Electrical Distributors is a good store. It will help you call around to find it if you can get the mfg and part number from the original.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

You can usually find a dual 40w flourescent shop light for under $10 at most home improvement stores.
      just steal the ballast and toss the remander away.  
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Mark,

Thanks a lot man.  I whent into Home Depot over the weekend, and all they had were the magnetic types for that size, which would not fit into my fixture.

So, I am off to Lowes, then a Electrical Supply place.

Thanks,

Geoff

Comment

Any luck, geoff? The replacement ballasts I found at Lowes had about half the number of wires the originals had so I had to pretty much completely rewire the fixtures but they worked fine when I was done.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I am going there tonight to Lowes try to see what I can do with it.

I will definately let you know.

Comment

Working...
            X