the art of making aquarium decorations revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the art of making aquarium decorations revealed

ok  im lieing.  I dont know the answer, and i have been searching for the answer.  Lots of searching, and i cant seem to find the answer.   i wanna know how the aquarium design places make the fake roots, fake trees, and all that stuff.  Also were do they get the good plants.  not the crappy stuff.  I have been tryin to find out how to make the fake roots and all and cant find anything onthe net.  I probably wouldnt be able to make anything good anyways cause i lack any kinda skills of artistim if thats a word, or skills building crap.  But i am dieing to konw.  maybe one day i could waste some money and try to make me some stuff.  So does anyone have the answer?????

Re: the art of making aquarium decorations revealed

resin, concrete, styrofoam.....
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Look in the hobby shops like Micheals' and Hobby Lobby. They have some fake (terrestial) plants that I have to touch to see if they are real. Also assorted rocks , sea shells, etc. I got a good ,cheap ,collection of shells for salt water crabs .

Comment

yeah i might have to look at there plants.  

Ek you say resin,  styrofoam.   isnt resin toxic?   what about painting it?  say i was gonna build me a fake root?   i get some pvc,  bend it to the shape i want by heating it.  then what?  start paintin on resin and fiberglass stuff or what you talkin about?

Comment

There are resins that when dry/cured do not release toxins.....there are also paints in which you could use.

Try googling or searching on cichlid-forum for diy backgrounds.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

k.  thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X