HydrogenPeroxide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HydrogenPeroxide

Most disease & virus can't live in the open air longer then a few milli seconds. If you're losing sleep over filling the tank again and killing all your fish- Use a 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution and spray the tank down with it. Rinse it out after if you want. The brown bottle you buy at the drug store for .99 cents is usually 3% hydrogen peroxide. Works & smells a lot better then bleach.  Just rinse it out with clean water and let air dry.  If you don't rince all the HP out of the tank before you add water, it will make bubbles.  The bubbles are nothing more than oxygen ~ the only by product formed with HP is oxygen and water.....

Bleach will actually cloud & dull the glass over time.

The peroxide is good and it's already probably in your bathroom, it wont hurt anything and it'll kill any disease or virus better then bleach.

35% PEROX-AID
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Re: HydrogenPeroxide

That's some really good information.

Thanks Phish!!!!

Comment

You could also use it in your tank but lets not get into that right now.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
        You could also use it in your tank but lets not get into that right now.

It makes a good spot-killer for some algaes when applied directly and very, very carefully.

Mark
        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.

That was a thread from a while ago, says a tiny bit about the algae thing.
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I have used the hp to dip fish. Even saltwater fish. It really helped heal them. I used 7cc hp with 1 liter water for a 11 minute dip. It helps with bacterial or fungal infections.
            A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
              http://houstonfishbox.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=766&highl ight=peroxide

That was a thread from a while ago, says a tiny bit about the algae thing.
              Thanks Mzungu. That article pretty much concurs with what was done by some of the members at AB. I've never used the method myself, but the one thing that the ones who did, and added to the thread at AB, was to be very careful with it to avoid killing your fish.

Mark
              What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

i wonder if it would help unlock the gunk in foam filter when you clean them?

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Working...
                X