cherry spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cherry spot

does anyone here have any expericance with this type of trop..... i am thinking about buying 30 to 40 of these and was wandering what people thought about there personalty.... or any special needs from other trophs...
    210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Re: cherry spot

Supposedly they are suppose to be an aggressive variant.....have seen this side of them through various tanks that had them but never kept them for myself so it's hard to say. I have seen two colonies which varied from about 20-30 fish and they all have dwindled themselves down to smaller numbers.

Another thing I have seen about them and have not liked is how they vary in color throughout the colony a great deal and the reds on them are not as strong as pictures depict but again I have not kept them for myself.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

thanks for the info.. i really like they way they look in a pic but those are the things that i need to know...

Comment

I have seen some awesome colonies though where the whole colony looked drop dead gorgeous but they were in other countries.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yea i guess i am going to have to buy from germany!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The ADG gallery had a bowfront that was stocked with these fish.  The fish are really nice in color.

For the most part, cherry spots are not known for amazing color in the entire colony, but that should not keep you from getting them if you like them.

I think that if you keep up with your waterquality, and get really nice lighting, the fish will look great, just like at the ADG gallery.

Mickey, your looking to put them in your 210?  This would be a awesome tank for them.

40 of them in that tank would be awesome!!! :dance:

I have not known them to be agressive, but the sp.blacks do have a bit more of a reputation for agression.  I have not seen it happen to mine, or other people that I have been in contact with.
            380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
            300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
            180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
            150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

yea i got the 210 up and running yesterday... i saw that dave had these on list so when he comes down for the auction i will probaley have him bring me some... can you mix trophs? and if so what kind can mix without interbreeding?

Comment

rare dave isnt coming for the auction,its the same weekend as the aca show.

Comment

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!11

Comment

Mickey,

Duboisi is the only 100% safe tropheus to mix with other tropheus as long as it is not another Duboisi type.

The second variant can be any kind you like.

If one of the two is not Duboisi, then you got to be extremely careful which two you mix.

As a general rule, do not mix tropheus types.  Second, if you do, then pick the two with the most distant tank location and color.  You want them as different as possible.  Even then, there is risk envolved.

some types such as Annectens are much more stringent in picking of mates, and are in locations where the other fish are also.

As an example, at Bulu Point there is 4 different Tropheus types.  Each fish is at a different level, but they are there.

You have sp.black "Bulu Point" aka Cherry Spot, Karliani Island Duboisi, Karliani Island Brichardi, and Poli Bulu Point.

Hope this helps..

Geoff

Comment

COOL INFO MAYBE I WILL JUST BUY RAUL DUBOISI COLONY

Comment

Cherry Spots and Duboisi would make for a beautiful setup in that 210

Comment

The colony at ADG is one that I was able to watch grow.....if you saw how many there was to begin with you would understand my post. Not saying it didn't work out but the numbers were high to start with.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

mickey give me a call

Comment

Derek probably get you them Cherry spots cheap. 8)  

Comment

Working...
                              X