A Fish Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Fish Story

Hi my name is Elvis. My mommy was feeding me a giant mealworm when it decided to turn and bite me back.  I did not like this at all. It totally freaked me out.   I spun around and did a nose drive. After hitting my nose in the sand I swam to the end of my home and ran into the invisible wall. Then I turned around and went under my favorite rock and curled up. I have to tell you it really scared me. My mommy kept talking to me but I would just give her an evil eye.  She tried and tried to get me away from my rock but I would not move.   Then she showed me my favorite treat. Ummmmm. I started to slowly come out, but I was scared to eat my seaweed. Did I tell you my mommy gave me a worm that bit me? Could this be a trick?.
    I decided I had to have a taste. So I came out from under my rock to get my seaweed. It was soooo good. Now I'm a happy fish again. I even got brave and ate another mealworm, and this time it did not bite me back. Now I am going to take a nap in my cave that I sometimes share with my brother Cheech. Good night all.

This is me when I was scared and curled up under my rock:

This is me sharing my cave with my brother Cheech:
    A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Re: A Fish Story

Oh poor Elvis!  And bad bad bad mealworm!  

The look on his face in that first pic is absolutely priceless!  

Thank you for sharing your story Elvis!
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

My poor baby was so upset. It took me over 30 minutes to get him to move. I told him I was sorry! And I didn't know that the worm would bite. I also promised him I would never let it happen again. Even though it was totally funny! After watching him just sitting there for about 10 minutes I had to get a picture. That face he was giving me was so pittiful. I felt sorry for him, while I was laughing inside.
      A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

that is too funny, thanks for sharing
        65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
        55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
        30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

who says fish have no personality.... :)  That's cute...

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

poor thing.....
            i agree with traci.....bad bad bad bad mealworm.....tear those suckers faces off when you give it to Elvis....then they can't bit the poor little thing.....
            he's adorable by the way.....i love puffers very very much....i have 4 of them....
            only freshwater here....but one day soon i hope to have a saltwater environment for another one.....
            thanks for sharing Elvis.....and go get em dude.....don't let those icky worms push you around sweety.....

Comment

Awww. Hes so darn cute. Does he a brother or cousin by any chance?
              Welcome to the dark side, we have cookies!!!

"I'm an instant star. Just add water and stir." - David Bowie

Comment

Awesome looking little dude.....next time give the little worm a bit of a thump to stun it before hand. :wink:
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                X