Snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakes

Just wanted to ask those  out there that live in residential areas about snakes. I live in the Humbel Kingwood area. My neighborhood is not what i would call wooded.  I pulled out a small water moccasin tonight about 16" long.  I have seen any dead fish as I think this one wasnt large enough to start soing damage.  I have some rock at the bottom so I stirred that up as to make sure there wasnt a nest.  

Didnt realy care to mess with this tonight as it always seems like an adventure here lately.  

Anyones thoughts , comments??????
    There is no "normal" life, it's just life so get on with it.

210g Mixed Reef Build
    http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...10 Reef Build/

430g Mixed Reef Build
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0507711&type=3

Re: Snakes

When you catch em, ship em off to fshfrk....smiles...

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Snakes do happen.  I back on to a bayou and see them every now and then.  I make sure they leave, I have not had a problem with them hurting the fish.  I have noticed that they don't come around now that I put a 2.5 ft  toy alligator by the pond.

Bruce

Comment

where do I get such a toy.    I thought about saving it an posting it for sale here on the box

210g Mixed Reef Build

430g Mixed Reef Build

Comment

You will find snakes just about anywhere you could imagine.  I work at a refinery in Texas City and we have a problem with rattlesnakes in the tank farms....who would have thought.  The Humble/ Kingwood area has plenty of bodies of water plus you have Lake Houston which is Water Mocasin Heaven.  So you definitely have the potential for a rogue one to end up in your yard especially if you have a little water considering how dry things have been.  I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you see more of them frequenting your Koi pond... then you might want to think about a cat that doesn't eat fish...LOL!!!!

Comment

snakes really are everywhere. but be careful with things like mocassins. they are one of the nastiest snakes around. not the deadliest but definately one of the meanest. oh and not legal to sell, but i know you were joking :wink:
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President
            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

yes I thought it would be funny to post here......kind of felt like the crockodile hunter for a little bit.  I have killed some snakes here in the yard before so it was not a surprise at all.

210g Mixed Reef Build

430g Mixed Reef Build

Comment

Snapped this photo 2 years ago.. only because I had my cell phone in pocket.  This little guy scared me at first!

(large file in new window)

Comment

Is that just a garter snake?
                  Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Originally posted by fishboyt";p="
                    Ha!  Yes.  I am in Cypress and have not seen any of the dangerous snakes around (even knowing that they are!).  This is guy was harmless... but, still scared the bleep out of me when I first saw him!

Comment

Originally posted by morphlizard";p="
                      Originally posted by fishboyt";p="
                      Ha!  Yes.  I am in Cypress and have not seen any of the dangerous snakes around (even knowing that they are!).  This is guy was harmless... but, still scared the bleep out of me when I first saw him!
                       They seem to jump out at you.
                      Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Just the other day (1983), I drained my duck pond and found a 3' moccasin with a 12" catfish in his mouth...
                        I never stocked that pond with fish ????
                        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

They are known for taking long walks if they have too....

CF
                          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
                          X