planted tank setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planted tank setup?

i have a 210 gallon tank i am going to setup as a planted tank... what co2 setup determins the size of equipment that i need... say 10 pound co2 bottle? or bubble size diffuser?. so i f you were setting up a 210 what would be the min amount or size of your setup would you use?
    210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Re: planted tank setup?

The tank size is just gonna determine how often you will need to refill.

As for method of diffusion I would look into getting a reactor.....aqua medic makes a nice one.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

how big of a reactor would i need for a 210?

Comment

I built my reactor for my 125 from the plans by Rex Griggs. It was inexpensive and works great.
        Here's his link:

Dan at Aquarium Warehouse has one. Rex also sells some high quality co2 equip: manifolds, brass check valves, tubing, clippards, regulators, etc.

Mark
        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I made mine also, It works like a champ.

Comment

Being me, if you have clearance under the tank, I'll go with a 20lb tank and an external reactor that ek suggested.
            If you are handy, then you can built one easily.
            "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

thanks for the info....

Comment

I would get the biggest co2 tank I can fit under the tank.  I have a 10pd bottle and I have to refill once ever 8 months or so.....but I only have it on a 10g tank.  You might also want to look up welding shops because they fill co2 bottles for cheap.  I got my bottle filled for 8 bucks I think.....any LFS will change around 30 bucks to fill a 10pd bottle.

External reactor is the only way to go with big tanks. IMO you lose too much CO2 with the diffusers. Additionally, rex is the man when it comes to hardware.  Decent price for high quality products.  Hope this helps.  
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                X