2 blood parrots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 blood parrots

I know you won't believe me... But Remember my texas cichlid who just died.... well, the momma fish has partnered up with another blood parrot... so we have 2 blood parrots who have layed eggs and fertilized them.. I know the the males are normally steril...... but this little guy is right there doing his thing.... and some of the eggs are white (non fertile) and the majority are dark off white...... I think all I have to do is a water change to get her to lay eggs... and one note: I was successfull in saving about 14 of the previous batch of babies... from the parrot and texas cichlid.( they are growing nicely)... we will keep a watch to see if THESE will hatch....

mom is Bertha      the dad who died is Tex   and this new guy is Mr.T ............ and Mr.T has been interested in Bertha for a while... So he may have had a fight with Tex and caused his injuries ......

so far this is batch 4 in about 2 months... It is very interesting to watch how they tend to the eggs..... They fan them with thier fins..... and constantly watch over them.....

My new tank should be in today.... I hope...
    Had about 900 gallons now I am tired and selling them off...

Re: 2 blood parrots

Good Luck with those guys...keep us posted.....thanks for the pic.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Re: 2 blood parrots

my used to do that once month.
      2 75s, 125,55,25 and 14 gallon tank

Comment

Working...
      X