Big Momma On Guard Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Momma On Guard Duty

Remember I mentioned to someone here on this thread about thinking 2 more females where holding, well I just spotted one of them spitting fry, she has spit maybe 10 so far, I'm going to go get a picture for you all. I'm so jazzed to actually see her doing that.....WOW

Thanks for looking.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: New Chimba Fry

excellent! keep 'em comin

Comment

Highly jealous sir!!!  How big is your colony of these guys?

Comment

I started with 17 from Fishcrazy1 last August, now I'm at about 25, but have given maybe 15 juvies to FishLady, and she is doing well with them. There are about a dozen fry now in with the adults.  I've lost a few to the overflow box and a few to rough treatment from the adults, I've noticed better numbers lately with more baby friendly holey rock.

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Would you ever contemplate selling any of your fry?  Just wondering because I always like those little guys that Raul had.  Do you still happen to have that 40 breeder by chance?

Comment

Steve,

Let me know if you are ever interested in trading some chimba fry for kachese.

Thanks
            150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
            115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Hanson,

Sorry, the 40 is gone, but on the up side, I'll be happy to provide you with some fry once their numbers are up and they have grown some. I might have some ready to leave home by August if not sooner....we'll see.

CF

Comment

Sounds good Steve, just keep me posted.  I should be good and squared away with them a new habitat by then....LOL!!!

Comment

Thanks for your interest in them, I hope to have tons of them by the end of the summer. I believe there is two other females holding right now.

Steve

Comment

nice fry Steve!!!
                    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

.....mine...mine.........
                      they're soooooooooooooo cute.......
                      bet my babies can wip your babies....... :wink:

Comment

Uh oh....sounds like a challenge....LOL!!!  Better yet, you guys could pool your fry together and sell them to me cheap!!!!

Comment

Did you see Willie Sands has chimba fry for 9.00 a piece...his are nice, I've seen them. He's on the other side of town, but he's got em right now.....

CF

Comment

Yeah, I saw them...  I'm just strapped for cash right now.  If this tank doesn't sell by the weekend, it's getting converted to freshwater and I'll just go from there.  I have dealt with Willie before, he's not too too far from me actually.

Comment

You could always come by the house and get some of my dubousi fry too Mike. You know you want duboisi!
                              Consider my posts as general information based on personal experiences, and in most cases, far oversimplified. Actual mileage may vary. Don't try this at home. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.

Comment

Working...
                              X