Dainichi cichlid food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dainichi cichlid food

Anyone have any thoughts on dainichi cichlid food.

I bought a bag a few months back and the t's are smoking. The red rainbow's are just gorgeous.The colors are so vibrant. It's either the food or the sunlight, but it can't hurt using it. I just order almost 200 dollars on different types to try them out.

vegie deluxe
    color deluxe
    color fx

I gotta stick with what works so that's why I took the leap.

Re: Dainichi cichlid food

stick with what works  for you! #1 rule with T's. never tried D food but i like a diverse diet. may have to get some. intrduce it very slowly in a custom mix with the nls and the puppy chow.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Dainichi is all I use for most of my cichlids....especially the Tropheus.
      Charles Jones
      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

I'm using a mix myself....1/4 veggie dx 1/4 veggie fx and 1/2 NLS cichlid formula.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Hey Charles, do you stock Dianichi?
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Isn't it just color enhancers in the food that make the fish look good?  So what happens if you stop with the color enhancing food?  

I have reservations about using because it seemed artificial to me.  Along the lines of giving fish steriods.  

If the fish is healthy, its gonna look good.  

Just my opinion...and I know it aint much...Haha.
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

I think it's natural color enhancers.....
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Honestly I never looked it up, but you are using the food and don't know if its Natural for sure?
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

Most all good quality foods use natural enhancers....I remember that I read through it and searched about it when I first ran into it and since I am using it I guessed so.

Looked over at it and the color FX has.....cyclop-eeze, cultured spirulina, E.superba krill.....things that promote color.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

In the vegggie deluxe

"Kelp, white fish meal, soybean meal, wheat flour, krill, spirulina, shrimp, wheat germ, calcium montmorillonite clay, brewer's yeast, powdered milk, vitamin mix, mineral mix, garlic, protease and natural gum. "

I am on the mixing train as well. I mix equal portions of the dainichi and nls and spiriluna pellets in a small water bottle and feed from there. I just give a capfull in the morning and another one at night. I suspect I will have to feed more once my other Tropheus comes in, but for now, this seems to work.

I was running out so that is why I had to resupply.

Phung

Comment

So you ordered online Phung?

I bought all of mine in Austin from River City Aquatics and got a good hook up on it since screenname knew the guys there but will be needing a bit more soon....I'm also halfway through my 5lb bucket that I ordered just the other month.
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I should have it in later this summer....I have a special source.
                        Charles Jones
                        http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                        Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

In my experience with Dainichi, I noticed there was more of a HAZE in the aquarium after feedings than with NLS or Hikari Excel.

If I remember correctly, Veggie Delux (DX) is encapsulated with green coating, and the Color (FX) is brown and not coated.

When the cloud happened before, I was using the Color FX, but the haze still existed to a much lesser degree with the DX.

Another thing I noticed was this.  When I used to pre-soak all my pellets, DAinichi would swell up and crumble apart.  NLS would swell some but almost non-detectable, Hikari Excel would swell alot.  Dainichi and Hikari Excel would make the water turn green and smell fishy.  Pre-Soaked NLS just smelled fishy, but it did not turn the water a different color.

I really like Dainichi, and Hikari pellet foods but I do think NLS is a much better pelleted food that creates less mess in the tank.
                          380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                          300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                          180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                          150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

I don't soak my foods and have not noticed much of a difference pre/aft dianichi....I will also add that I have not notice much of a difference in their color either.

But seeing as though they are not dead I can only assume that it's not bad for them.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I go thru a 5lb bucket of NLS every 2 months and I only feed once a day.

Whenever I first started using pellets about 5 years ago, I always pre-soaked them.  Then about 2 years ago I quit doing that.

Alex always advised to pre-soak your pellets until you knew for sure the fish were eating strong.
                              380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                              300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                              180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                              150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Working...
                              X