PDA

View Full Version : Betta Habari auction was cool

Cameo
06-01-2008, 09:58 PM
This was a really nice event today. Gorgeous, gorgeous fish. Came away with 13! OMG! I already had 2 in community tanks. Now I've got some females they can choose from! Thought I'd try to breed a couple just for fun. Never bred anabantoids before. Bubble nest should be interesting to watch being built.
Thanks to Betta Habari for hosting this event and to Meghann for letting us all "take over". Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed meeting ya'll. Let ya'll know how it goes. c u

Zulaab
06-01-2008, 10:01 PM
I cant wait to see some pictures from this event.. if it wasnt because I had a ton of other things I had to resolve today I would have stopped by and looked at it just see friends again among others.

jughead
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
what about 25-30 bucks for a betta?????????

Cameo
06-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Did you get 1 of those $25-$30 ones, jughead? I heard you said, "I need bettas." *You are a true fish connoiseur. I love the way you get into all kinds of fish: livebearers, angels, Endler's, cichlids, and now, bettas. Never know what you'll show up with at an auction!

jughead
06-01-2008, 10:53 PM
addictions arent as bad when they are legal.

greg_tsam
06-02-2008, 09:21 AM
addictions arent as bad when they are legal.

Errr, what planet are you living on?

fishysue
06-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Enjoyed the betta auction. *I bought too many females, too. *Richard of Betta Habari was very helpful and I've started a shoebox full of daphnia with a pair. *The male has built a nest and I'm waiting to see what happens!!!

marauder_77868
06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Errr, what planet are you living on?

when your signature line details more than 50 tanks you'll understand :lol:

greg_tsam
06-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Well I am just a beginner fshfr34k. *:roll:

Zulaab
06-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Charles -- you are not counting your tanks are the store now are you ???? *hehehe

Btw -- You need to update your signature... didnt they vote you to be the number uno at HAS back at the last election ??

marauder_77868
06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah...I need to edit it....and I'm not counting the ones at the store, believe it or not.

Zulaab
06-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I figured so much :) *The last time I asked you I recall you telling me you had a TON of tanks at your house and you felt so lucky Marion would allow you to keep so many tanks :) * You are a lucky man :) *Then again Marion is even more lucky with all of her cool fish spawning for her :)
Btw how are the Ophtalmotilapia Ventralis Gombe doing ? *
Sorry for digressing on the subject.. maybe we should as in another forum.. when you get a chance I would love to see some pictures of those guys again :)

fishysue
06-06-2008, 08:51 PM
The bettas have spawned. *I have tails hanging from the bubble nest. *Now if I can keep the fry alive. *Lol

fishysue
06-07-2008, 12:14 PM
The betta fry are now free swimming and I've been picking out the big daphnia and adding vinegar eels. *Looks like I have at least a hundred or so. *They are too little to photograph yet. *Now what do I do with them when they grow out!

szidlon
06-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Learn to decorate with mason jars and plastic cups? *8)

Good luck with your betta babies! *I'm not sure how old they are before you have to start separating the males. I had a spawn when I first tried them but I was working out of town and my assistant fishkeeper did not exactly understand what I was trying to tell him about their care. *I haven't tried since, maybe one day I will go back and try again.

crazybettaman
01-26-2009, 06:55 AM
The betta fry are now free swimming and I've been picking out the big daphnia and adding vinegar eels. *Looks like I have at least a hundred or so. *They are too little to photograph yet. *Now what do I do with them when they grow out!
keep a close eye on the when they start to:raygun::giveup::shoot:it time to jar the males