syno looks like a puffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syno looks like a puffer

I came home to find one of my synos bloated like a puffer,stomach is HUGE!! I hadnt noticed this before today. Ill be right back with pictures.

Re: syno looks like a puffer

here are some pictures,looks like the other one is the same way but not as big(Ive got 2). He also stays in one spot not really moving a whole lot in the past hour.

Comment

Is it possible that they ate some of the rocks from the bottom? Are there any other fish in the tank? If so do the other fish look bloated?
      A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

oK, so who or what is missing out of the tank?  or is that a puffer in cat's clothing?

The poor thing looks miserable.  Maybe he'll make a big poot and be all better.  or burp.  or pooP....

Or maybe poke him with a pin?  Give him some Gas-X?

Sorry for the lousy, end of day, weird humor.  I'm leaving work now, maybe I'll be more sane when I get home.
        maybe
        The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
        Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

he is in with my Moba frontosa and one bristle nose pleco and they are all accounted for. I treated the tank with 1/2 cup epsom salt and will keep an eye on him overnight. We are leaving in the morning for our summer vacation and didnt want a tank full of dead fish due to the catfish dieing, I may pull him out tonight and put him in a QT. Just for the rest of the week.

Comment

I was going to suggest epsom salt.  :wink:
            A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

Could she be full of eggs? My Petricola gets HUGE right before she releases her eggs.
              So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

I had a catfish get like that before.  She was eating way more than her share of food.  I removed her to a small tank by herself and did not feed her for a couple of days.  The bulge went away and I moved her back into the tank with everyone else.
                Raul
                PokerFace

Comment

Did the Synodontis get better?
                  Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                  Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                  Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                  Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Working...
                  X