baby tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby tears

someone gave me some a bunch of baby tears clippings. They are kinda a mess.  They need to root though right, they can't float can they?  Any suggestions on how to get these into my soil if that is what I need to do?

Re: baby tears

Do you have pictures?

The term "baby tears" is often associated with both Hemianthus Micranthemoides and Micranthemum Umbrosum....both are similar in method of planting but umbrosum is more finicky and without strong enough lighting/co2/nutrients the stem will weaken and just die off.

Both need to be planted into the soil but since they are thin stemmed it poses a problem which is simplified with the use of planting tweezers.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

You can either let them float, they will absorbed the nutrients from the water and grow.
      Or you can break them off by bunches, and plant them into good, fine substrate, or on pieces of wood.

I have HM grows well in both conditions in my tank. Good luck.
      100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
      30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

It looks like Micranthemum Umbrosum.  I am using a fluorite substrate with C02, and the light is decent but not high.  We will see what happens.  I think I will try planting some and let some float and get them close to the C02.  Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by djmatthewblack";p="
          let some float and get them close to the C02.  
          Do you mean get close to the light? Just curious.
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
          X