Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report card on Charles/Tyler (Fish Ranch ll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report card on Charles/Tyler (Fish Ranch ll)

We (fishlady and I) took some of our fish down to Rosenberg today, (a little bit of a drive for us) and visited with Charles and Tyler for a while.
    We wanted to free up some tank space and so we took a few dozen cichlids down there to help them fill up some of their new tanks.

I was very pleased with the number Charles gave us in regards to how much store credit we could have.

Thanks you guys for being fair with us,  and we appreciate the care that you demonstrated with the acclimation of our fish from our buckets to your tanks, we really liked the way you did that too.

CF for FL
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Report card on Charles/Tyler (Fish Ranch ll)

Ditto........

Comment

fishlady and CichlidFan,

My better half and I were there when you brought your fish to Charles and Tyler at Fish Ranch.  I should have spoken up and introduced myself.  I thought that I recognized fishlady from the HAS auction by Ellington AFB.  We had to leave so that the better half could eat some crawfish.  

Charles and Tyler are filling up their tanks with fish.  The saltwater section is up and running along with the cichlid room since I last visited three weeks ago.  If any HFB's have not made the trip to Fish Ranch in Rosenberg,  I suggest that you make the trip.  I take the farm to market roads out to Rosenberg and back.  The drive is nice and enjoyable instead of the hectic rush of Houston traffic.

Sunrise

Comment

That's ironic, I too, thought the two of you looked familar as well, but then as I grow older, everyone I see starts to remind me of people or faces from my past....... :)

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I just wanted to thank you Charles for taking some of my fish off my hands.  I also got my new 125gal tank up and running.  You gave me a great deal and I will be back again soon
          Have a great day and a better tomorrow

Comment

with gas prices these days

i doubt many people will be going to Rosenberg

quite a drive Steve

how long was the drive down there

Comment

I took the beltway, and it wasn't that long, maybe 35 minutes or so. True, I won't be going there very often, but I'll be checking the store at least once every 90 days or so...

CF

Comment

I have been meaning to go out and visit myself.....always plan on going but plans change and usually end up on the other side of town and way too far to drive....one day soon Charles!
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

semper.....i'm not sure you can really take what cichlidfan is saying since he slept the whole way there.....
                  but i can tell you this much....if you take the beltway all the way to 59 and then 59 to the 37 exit rosenburg it's not a bad trip at all...in fact it seems that it only took me less than 30 minutes to get there.....but it's a straight shot on this route and you don't have any headaches of too much traffic tie up....
                  i highly recomend that you go see charles....he's got a very nice place going up over there....and of course there's his knowledge of all those scientific names that i wouldn't have the first inkling of trying to say.... ....
                  you won't be disappointed in your efforts to go see his new place though....it's coming along really nicely.....

Comment

thanks CF and FL

will be making a trip out there as soon as work slows down and maybe stopping by Dan's Place

working in the oil and gas industry is

one of the few positives these days on the verge of $4 + gas prices

there is plenty of overtime and at this point is pretty much mandatory

Comment

You know, semper, there's actually people who live in Rosenberg, Richmond, Sugar Land, Katy, Victoria!  :)
                      For those further away, make a day of it. Fish Ranch is in the "historic" area of Rosenberg with antique shops, restaurants, and a train museum.
                      c u

Comment

I think it's well worth the trip.  Ditto on the other places to see and things to do in Rosenberg, it does make a great day trip that won't break the budget.
                        Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I would give my opinion on Charles new store, but he would return the favor.
                          So I will pass on this one.
                          Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
                          Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
                          Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Hi

Could someone please post the new fish ranch website??

ive been looking all over the forums...cant find it......i knew I saw it on here though

Thanks!
                            Michael
                            Clear Lake, TX

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X