what will you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what will you choose?

Hi, I am looking for advises here. I was offer from a friend a 6months USED but "like new" CO2 system for $100. Including 5 pound tank and a set of regulator. He had 2 regulators, so I can choose 1 out of it. Either Red Sea Pro Set or Rex rigg regulator. Red Sea retail was 180 while rexxrigg was just 101. However, many hobbist always recommend the rexxrigg. So, please help me picking the better regulator.
    100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
    30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Re: what will you choose?

First of all, where did you see the Rex Grigg regulator for $101??

Second, is it just a regulator and a tank? Is the tank filled, or empty? Does it come with any valves, diffusers, etc?

Without knowing any answers, I would still probably choose the Rex Grigg regulator.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

RexGriggs.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thank you.
        100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
        30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

sorry, I just check it. The regulator isn't from Rex Rigg, because it mark Azoo on the regulator. I am not good at this, (Ek sold me his system as is, so I didn't do the assempling. So, between Azoo and RedSea, which you will pick.

BTW, who can you tell if the regulator is from Rex Rigg?

Comment

Rex uses beer beverage regulators but everything else is from clippard....that's how you tell.

As for Azoo and RedSea, I would probably pick Azoo over redsea.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thank you very much, Ek and Mzungu

Comment

You're very welcome!

I would probably choose the Azoo, as well. But I don't think I've really heard anything bad about the Red Sea regulators...
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
                X