Where can you buy 96w 6700k bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can you buy 96w 6700k bulbs?

I'm thinking of ordering a lighting kit from ahsupply.com, but their bulb prices seem kind of high.  The kit I'm thinking of getting uses 96 watt bulbs, which have a GY10q base (four pins in a square) and are 36" long.  I've checked the Home Depot near me and it didn't have what I am looking for.  Any advice?

Re: Where can you buy 96w 6700k bulbs?

Would you prefer to get the bulb in Houston, or online?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Well, I don't mind buying online but if there is a place that has them locally I'd be interested in knowing where.  There's a bulb shop near Rayford/Sawdust I'm going to check out today so maybe they'll have it, or be able to get them for me.

Comment

Let us know about the bulb shop. Usually, bulbs specifically designed for aquarium use are going to be a lot more expensive than just your normal, run-of-the-mill Home Depot/Lowes bulbs.

Comment

The lightbulb shop didn't have them.  They could order them, but they could only get up to 6500k and were about $8 more per bulb than ordering the bulbs directly from AHSupply with the retrofitting kit.  Hopefully they don't break during shipping.  The shop was Lightbulb Unlimited on the feeder on 45 South, right before you get to Rayford/Sawdust.

Comment

I have found a website, got the link from an Ebay auction, that has some good bulbs.  It is www.naturallighting.com and they are based out of Dickinson, TX so some of you people on the southeast side are actually pretty close to them.

Comment

Oh, wow, I didn't know they were based out of Dickinson! Very cool. Yeah, I've been looking at their stuff for a couple years, but never have bought anything. (Not sure why, they seem to have some great deals.)  :)

Comment

I saw at City Pets lots of PC bulbs. and for T5 bulb, I could go to Fish Gallery.
                100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
                30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

Just check in at CityPet this afternoon, the label price was $44.99 Coralife brand, square pin, 34'' bulb length.
                  100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
                  30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

Working...
                  X