RAINBOW SHARK STILL HAS A KINK IN ITS TAIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAINBOW SHARK STILL HAS A KINK IN ITS TAIL

I had reported that I was treating this fish for ick and wondering about what looks like a distension or slight bend pushing downward in the tail region.

The ick is gone but the bend is still there. I have little luck taking pictures through the glass but I will try to get an image to share.

Does this  sound like parasites or an intestinal blockage? Or some disease? Anybody?

Any ideas? No one has responded and I am puzzled about what to do for the fish. It does not seem to be in obvious pain but this cannot be a good thing.

best,
    Oxyrhynchus

Re: RAINBOW SHARK STILL HAS A KINK IN ITS TAIL

I looked online but didn't have a lot of luck.  A pic would surely help.  

The only thing that I saw that came close, based on the description and circumstances, was Dylox, Masoten or Trichlorfon poisoning.  I'm not sure what these medications treat, or what you used to treat your red-tail shark for Ick, but this is what I found.....

Pics would probably help.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Thumping time?
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have no idea. Is the fish still in the Eclipse tank?

Pictures would really help, as I can't exactly tell what you mean by 'kink' or 'bend' it the tail. What I'm picturing is some sort of deformity, not likely to be cured. Did the 'bend' arrive at the same time as the ich?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
        X