Brevis Babies Now With PIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brevis Babies Now With PIC

I've had a pair of Brevis for over a year now, and I've noticed a couple of times over the past year, their attempts to raise a brood of fry, but due to their tank mates, their fry never got much of a chance.

I felt sorry for them and gave them a 29 gallon tank to them selves and now they have three different broods of fry in the tank with them. I am amazed at just how small these little guys/gals are.....at this rate of growth it will be the middle of summer or longer before I can offer them up for grabs.  I am also amazed at the parents and how they respond to their fry, they have them in their shell and then they kick them out and push them off to the opposite side of the tank.

At least this is what appears to have been happening, I cannot say for sure, because I don't sit and watch the entire process. But it does surprise me how the parents don't seem to have any interest in their fry, they don't protect them at all, and I'm facinated with the way they stay so close to their shell. It's amazing to me, how their lives, they seem to be so centered in and around, their one little shell in the corner.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Brevis Babies

thats really interesting, i wonder why they dont protect at all. mine shellies have usually been very protective, especially the ocellatus (they attack my hand if it gets anywhere near their shells
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Re: Brevis Babies Now With PIC

These guys are doing pretty good, I now see three different broods of fry in the batch, and the youngest are so tiny.
      I'll keep you all posted.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

update when you are ready to trade or sell : )
        Michael
        Clear Lake, TX

Comment

Wow, how tiny.  Do you have a pic. of the parents?

Comment

They are hard to catch out of their shell for very long, and I hardly ever see them both Male and Female out at the same time.....they are very shy...

CF

Comment

Adorable, I am sure.  Those babies are cuties. Thank you for sharing :0)

Comment

I'll post a recent picture of the fry for you tomorrow....if I remember too... :)

They have gotten about three times as big.

CF

Comment

Working...
                X