small shirmps??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small shirmps??

hi does any 1 know what  a good fish to kept with shirmp???? i have neon tetra/ cory/ danio/ Bumblee Bee Goby/  oto guess what i am asking is what fish are shirmps /plants FRIENDLY

Re: small shirmps??

it doesn't matter what fish, if their mouth is bigger then the shrimp, they will eat it... only fish that is 99.9999999999999 percent shrimp safe is the otos... now on other hand, i haven't had too much problem with my cories eating the shrimp...

Comment

Anyone ever tried blind cave fish ?

Astyanax fasciatus mexicanus
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

wow....no eyes.....how unusual......i have never heard of them...would be cool to see some of them though.....

Comment

Cave tetras are very aggressive eaters. It wouldn't take them long to eat all of the shrimp; not just the baby ones. I'd go with oto cats.

Comment

Originally posted by fishlady";p="
            wow....no eyes.....how unusual......i have never heard of them...would be cool to see some of them though.....
            I have a lionhead goldfish with no eyes. Not sure how he lost them as there are no sharp or pointy objects in his tank. However, he gets along fine.   He has no problems competing for food from the black saltys  that share his tank and has a belly on him to prove it.
            PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

black saltys, have any luck catching specks with those?

Comment

Originally posted by mahoro";p="
                black saltys, have any luck catching specks with those?
                LOL, that's what I'm sparing mine from. Not that I don't like fishing, but I do keep both black saltys and golden shiners, both which I got from Gander Mountan, in aquaria and provide them with tlc :!:  :wink:
                PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

black saltys do grow pretty big and i am sure they will eat shrimp..

Comment

I currently have a tank with serpae tetras, clown killies, an unknown pair of lampeye killies, and kuhli loaches in with tiger and cherry shrimps. Everyone seems to get along. I don't trust the serpaes too much, but they're going to move into another tank shortly.

Like mahoro said, not many fish can really be trusted, per se, to not eat the shrimp, but there are a few out there that have good records getting along with shrimp.
                    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Tell me of the Serpae please, what do they look like and how is their demeanor?

Thanks

CF
                      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Here is a picture of a couple of the serpaes I have.

They're what I think of as "typical tetras." Mine tend to be a little jumpy, though. Their previous owner said they were a bit nippy, but I have not yet found that to be the case, luckily.
                        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I had platys and mollis with my shrimp.  When it was feeding time the shrim would sit beside the mollies/platys and wait for the food to fall.  I finally started a shrimp specific tank.  I took five baby sailfins and let the grow in with the shrimp and things were going great.  The fish were staying small and life was peaceful.  At the last meeting I was told that there was a good chance that when the female sailfins ( which had stayed small) gave birth they would probably die because of the "normal" size of the babies I scooped them out to let them grow in a larger tank.  Anyway.... mollies, platys and tetras were safe for me...
                          5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
                          20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
                          29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
                          29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
                          29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
                          55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
                          75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
                          / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu";p="
                            Here is a picture of a couple of the serpaes I have.

They're what I think of as "typical tetras." Mine tend to be a little jumpy, though. Their previous owner said they were a bit nippy, but I have not yet found that to be the case, luckily.
                            Thanks M.....Chris had mentioned these in a possible trade deal for my 45....

CF
                            Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

now, if you get into a heavly planted tank, get a good and huge colony of shrimp going, probly rcs, due to they are cheap, then you can add fish...  otos, cory, pleco, guppies and cpd are very much shrimp safe.  i've tried all those fish with either the glass shrimp, amano and the rcs they are all fine, as for the cpd, i heard from a fried, the mouth is so small, even the smallest of shrimp won't fit into their mouth, or you can always try dwarf crays, its getting along fine with my cory and my betta atm...

Comment

Working...
                              X