BEST FILTER CANISTER FOR MY TANK??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST FILTER CANISTER FOR MY TANK??

BESTFILTERCANISTERFORA150GALLON74X18.5X24???

WHICHDOYOURECOMMENDMEGET??

EVERYOPINIONCOUNTS:D

Re: BEST FILTER CANISTER FOR MY TANK??

I prefer wet/dry filters for that size tank but an Eheim 2262 should get you by.

What type of fish are you planning on keeping?
    Also there is a caps lock button on the left side of your keyboard....hit it again.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

LOL.....Done ... =} .. How does a wet/dry filter work and is it more complicated.. i want something simple and easy to use.. how much does that eheim run for??

Comment

Stay away from Fluval!
        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

There are some good discussions in this subforum about filters and such.

For starters, try this:

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

You will also want to consider your substrate while researching
            All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

seems like all the important questions have been asked. for larger tanks i wouldnt stry too far from Ehiem/ or Rena as a close second. I have had both and Fluval as well. the only fluval i might suggest is there crazy heavy FX5 i think its called. i hear good things about that too. you may also consider a few smaller ones, like 2 medium instead of 1 large.
              Never fear I is here
              David Abeles
              Vice President
              Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

THANKS EVERYONE!!!! Ya'll were very helpful  

Comment

On my 150 gallon I am running a Eheim 2262 and Eheim 2080.

The water is sparkling clear and has about 45 Adult Tropheus in the tank with no problems.

If your going to have Cichlids in the tank, Eheim 2260, Eheim 2262, Eheim 2250 is the absolute smallest canister filter I would use as the main filter.  Then use a smaller Eheim 2080, Eheim 2217, or a Rena XP3 or XP4 as a secondary canister.

The Fluval FX5 could be substituted for a Eheim 2250, Eheim 2260, or Eheim 2262 as long as you are not using a sand substrate, and you have to setup your secondary canister as a bio-filter, that is to fill it almost full of Bio-Media.

I think the perfect setup would be this.

Wetdry Filter, with a pump and overflow rated for 150x4 = 600 gallons per hour, and then setup a small canister such as Eheim 2080 or 2217 as a mechanical filter stuffed with mechanical pads, filter floss, and micron pad.

If your setting this tank up for non-Cichlids you could use any range of canisters you would like.

hope this helps..

Geoff
                  380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                  300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                  180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                  150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

thanks geoff im going to look into that w/d filter w pump overflow and smaller canister..     :!:

Comment

Working...
                    X