Cyps-OCelatus and More oh MY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyps-OCelatus and More oh MY

Hey gang. Irecently decided i was gonna get serious about getting more fry to survive from my Tang tank. Especially after i saw gold ocelatus fry. well i either lost the first batch or they are in super hide mode after i had to chase down 4 female cyps to get their babies. i captured 7 Cyp fry and lost 2 so i have 5 still going right now. i also captured my female Melachromis (im glad its that instead of textilis, they seem much more coloful then the textilis pics i saw) anyway i have the Cyp fry in one breeder net/ and the female Melachromis joajohnasee (or whatever it is, im gonna call her MEL) in a breeder net of her own, that way i dont have any water quality changes. there are lots of small plants and fragments in both nets and i have a little cup in with Mel for her to feel safe in. Anybody know how long it is till she spits. because she has been holding for a least a week. I just couldnt let her babies get eaten in the tank.

Oh and i think i have another Gold ocelatus breeding because when i was messing with the tank my other female was attacking my hand like crazy when it went near her shell. so i am keeping my fingers crossed. both for her and the other to breed again in case her fry didnt make it with all the stress.

If anyone here has bread Occies before please helpful hints would be appreciated.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President
    Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Re: Cyps-OCelatus and More oh MY

Oh and i will definately have some baby multies ready by the Big auction in august, if i start pullin them out and feedin heavy maybe some by the swap in May.
    Never fear I is here
    David Abeles
    Vice President

Comment

feed well and they should survive....also what I have noticed with shellies is that once they feel that the population is in order the excess get exterminated.

also be careful with the breeder net and fry cause when startled they will dart to the corners and possibly jam themselves between the frame and netting killing themselves.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I plan on pulling them when they get larger, the Cyp fry are actually reall calm. im just waiting for the Melanachromis to spit and then the little guys will probably go in a tank all by their lonesome.
        Never fear I is here
        David Abeles
        Vice President

Comment

Working...
        X