Baby Brevis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Brevis

Does anyone have any experience breeding Brevis? I have had a pair for a year now, and even though I have seen a few fry now and then around their shell, the Mom & Pop Brevis have never had a survivor from any of their fry.

Is there a crucial step I am missing or unaware of? Do they need something from me? If you have any information on these little shellies, please share your tips or suggestions.

I moved them into a tank by themselves a few weeks ago, and I just noticed a couple dozen little fry in the opposite corner of the tank from mom and dad??
    Will mom and dad eat them now? Will the young Bristle Nose try to eat them?

Sorry for the erractic post....way past my bedtime....night.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Re: Baby Brevis

Try adding a bunch of shells for them.....they tend to seek refuge inbetween them where mom/dad don't get them.....also keep them well fed.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

thanks for the tip, well fed, how so, meaning what kind of food?

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I always fed my Shellies NLS grow pellets which is high in protein.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
        X