new to plants question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to plants question

In general, when you introduce a plant to a tank, does the water normally get cloudy? what I have noticed is that I have put a new plant (live) into the tank...and a couple day after, the water is a little cloudy... is this normal?   just wondering.. thanks
    Had about 900 gallons now I am tired and selling them off...

Re: new to plants question

.   Tap or Bottled water for human consumption has been treated to kill all of the little bugs that live in the water.    But all the nutrients are still there.
    So if you add a plant that has not been dipped to sterilize it, the little critters on the plant suddenly get all the things they need to grow & multiply and none of the things that compete for the food or eat them.  Sort of like when the lab adds you blood to a culture dish.........  Not to worry, they won't have the tank to themselves for long.  Some how all the other little bugs manage to find their way to your tank.

It will go away faster if you add a little old water from another tank.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Re: new to plants question

Probably a bacterial bloom.
      New plants come with all sorts of stuff that could cause it. Should go away soon.
      With new plants, I think you'll have to worry more about the snails than the cloudiness.
      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Working...
      X