Eheim 2217 filter leak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eheim 2217 filter leak.

I have an eheim 2217 that after replacing some of the media seems to have developed a leak at the suction side hose down at the base.  It looks like the seal around the hose not the hose it's self and I've isolated it down to the base.

It's a small drip now and I've got a pan under and plan to monitor for the next two hours but any pointers for when I take it back out and try and fix it?
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks!

Re: Eheim 2217 filter leak.

Have you tried unscrewing it and seeing if you can clean it up some and then re tightening it?
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Is there a screw down there?
      Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a fish a man, and he'll eat for weeks!

Comment

The gray elbow in which the intake hose is connected to is actually screwed into the canister itself.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The suction inlet pipe at the bottom of the filter is screwed onto the cannister itself. Turn the inlet pipe counter clockwise and it will come off. There is an o-ring located on this inlet pipe. You may just need to turn it clockwise to tighten it a little. Sometimes the beccome unscrewed a few turns during cleaning.
          150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
          125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
          115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Cool, couldn't see that for the diagram.. Thanks for your help I'll post results.

Comment

Well, that worked thanks for the help but to get it tight the bend is now horizontal to the ground.   Also one of the disconnect o rings broke when I was hooking it back up and there is another leak.  I'll be looking locally for a bunch of replacements.

Comment

Harbor freights has an o-ring kit that is like $5......comes with an assortment of o-rings.

Or you can just go to the auto parts store and get some a/c orings.....those are suppose to handle a lot more pressure.
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The intake elbow at the bottom of the filter does not have to be tight you can turn it back 90 or 270 degrees to make it vertical. ACE hardware (Barker Cypress) by my house has a huge assortment of orings, I have bought some for my Eheim 2229 filter.
                  150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                  125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                  115G Tanganyikan

Comment

.70 cents later from ACE Hardware and things are now dry.  Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X