pet city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pet city

I was at Pet City today and they has a Petrochromis Trewavasae (male) it was almost full size and it is in super condition if you are interested you should stop by and see Steve.  It is a very nice fish to look at.
    Have a great day and a better tomorrow

Re: pet city

Was that perhaps City Pets instead?

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

might be talking about the rat/mouse/dog death trap on 1960 and 45 behind verizon
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
      29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
      55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
      75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

I think dblondfemme has had a problem with this store. It is the one at I45 and 1960. I like the people there, but everyone is intitled to their own opion.

Comment

So, you did not make a mistake on the name of the store, it was/is Pet City, I have never heard of it or been there.

Thanks for the info though in any case.

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I'm sorry.  At one point I was one of those nice people who worked there.  I was the one who pulled the dead rats and mice out of the over crowded trailer beside the building after they had been cannibalized because of improper water sources and not enough food.  I was the one who treated puppies for kennel cough when they had arrived completely infested with worms and bad coughs and ear mites that would make a surgeon hurl.   I was paid minimum wage to treat these animals (V ERY poor choice on my part).  Yes, this was before the fire.  Yes, I made the choice to work there.  Yes, I choose not to patronize this establishment after seeing the "behind the scenes" look.  Anything to make a buck is how I saw this place after working there for a few months.  Yes, I have a problem.  Anyone on here can tell you I am usually non-confrontational.  However, this place literally made me sick.  The ammonia, fur, horrendous smell in the trailer that is beside the building.  The smell of rotting animals.  The smell of blood mixed in.  Finding heads on the floor that had fallen through the wires.  It took me a couple of months to become healthy again after working there a short while.  I didn't do much concerning their fish unless the owner (not sure if ownership has changed in the last  7 years or so) asked me to grab a particular type in the net for him.  They may have a good fish selection.  I got along well with the people who work there.  What I saw was more dead animals going out the door than healthy ones.  The owner would pay minimum dollar for back alley pups, have me treat them with my lack of knowledge reguarding veterinary practices., have maybe one pup survive and then charge 900-1200 for the potentially dying dog.  It was very hard on me.  I usually give people a couple of chances before giving a negative review.  However, until I see that practices have changed, my opinion won't.
            5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
            29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
            / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

that's messed up. i've seen a handful of illegal pets being sold there as well..

Comment

How much were they asking for the trew?
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I'm sorry oldgeezer.  It was not meant as an attack on you.  I tend to react to some things too strongly.  They ARE interested in the fish here and would love more information.  Share... those who like those fish would probably be really interested in prices, sizes, types, etc.  Again, I apologize.
                  / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

I didn't that bit of info and I agree with you no animal should have to go through that I hope they have changed there ways that puts a new light on things for me. I like a person with strong opions and there is no need to apologize I completely understand.

Comment

Well Said....both of you.

CF

Comment

Originally posted by J-WS6";p="
                        i've seen a handful of illegal pets being sold there as well..
                        Like what?
                        Monkeys? Walking catfish? Potbellied pigs? Piranha?
                        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan";p="
                          Well Said....both of you.

CF
                          *bows slightly* lol
                          edit: wondering why the quote thing never works for me
                          / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

So how much was the trew?

I have taken my fiance there a few times and she gets pissed off cause all the rabbits/bunnies there are sick or dying.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex";p="
                              Originally posted by J-WS6";p="
                              i've seen a handful of illegal pets being sold there as well..
                              Like what?
                              Monkeys? Walking catfish? Potbellied pigs? Piranha?
                              this was years back but...freshwater stingrays, and really small red ear slider turtles. (i was told 3" is the minimum legal sale size, but who knows).

Comment

Working...
                              X