Thought I would share...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I would share...

I don't have pics at the moment....they are very hard to capture unless I net them....
    I have two flounders in the same tank as my baby albino cories.  I bought them on Ebay with a few other fish (three of the otherkinds of fish did not reach as good of a fate)  The flounders are ADORABLE!!!  They live in the cichlid sand 90% of the time...I'm not exactly sure what they eat but for the last week they have had frozen brine shrimp, brine shrimp flakes, bloodworms, and mini nls put in the tank.  The cories don't seem to bother them too much.  Although shipping stinks for someone not purchasing a ton fo fish, but the prices I paid per fish was pretty low.   I will do my best to get pics when I get home.  The good thing I have read is that they prefer slightly brackish water.  Well... the tank the flounders and cories share was my old puffer tank that I had begun to add more and more salt into.  Sooooo the salinity is more elevated than a standard freshwater tank.  The flounders are approximately 1 1/2"-2" long.  I worry about them at 6" long. HEre is some info on them http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Oddball,%20Flounder.htm
    Anyone have any experience with them?
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: Thought I would share...

Just thought Id mention that cories really don't like salt.  I dose all my tanks with about a tablespoon per 10 gallons, but I sure wouldn't go much higher than that with the cories.  I only dose that much to help ward off other problems.

btw - i do have more albino, paleatus and green cories, I just haven't been able to count the green ones to see how many there are - they wiggle around too much!  All are about 1/2-3/4" long and very active.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I had the flounders many many years ago. They were great and lived for a long time. Too long ago to remember how long....  They seemed to be pretty hardy. Can't wait to see pictures of yours.
      A house without a puffer is not a Home.

Comment

:?  oops @ the salt.  The babies are growing by leaps and bounds.  Maybe as they continue to grow I will take them out of that tank (it IS too small for them once they get larger) and increase the salt for the flounders.  I am potentially interested in more cories.... spot, pm me some prices ;-)
        5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
        29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

here are some pics.  Keep in mind I have poor lighting on this tank and it is also having an algae issue that the lovely egg laying snails are not keeping under control.
          Please understand, they do not perform on command (speaking of which, not many things do lol)
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

edit:grabbing some space to post other pics
          / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Reba, your pictures suck ... :P

I believe they have some at the Houston Zoo. I could be mistaken.

Comment

lol my battery was dying and of course you know all about our cell phones lmao  
              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Very cool!

Great, now I want some...
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

City Pets usually has them....think they had a tank full the other day.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

city pets and extrem pets both carries those flounder... cheap too..

Comment

I paid 3.50 a piece.....I considered that cheap lol  
                      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                      X