Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help desperately...test kit color chart needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help desperately...test kit color chart needed!

I lost my color chart for my new 100 strip Jungle 6 in 1 test kit...can some kind soul scan a copy of their chart to email me?
    I assume all the color charts for freshwater testing are the same color gradations?
    Don't matter, I have nothing, and my online searching found nothing.
    Think of my hundreds of fish gasping for air in high-nitrate, high nitrite, heavily clorinated hard water!
    Although the tank glass will be real clean from all the ammonia...
    Thanks for any help...
    Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Re: Need Help desperately...test kit color chart needed!

Just to hold you over until someone can help, have the nitrate or nitrite pads turned pink at all?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

First of all, with different batches of test strips, you will get slightly different colors.   I don't know if Jungle actually prints a new batch of color charts with each bach of test strips, but they should.   Second my scanner calibration may not be the same as your printer calibration.  Third each type of paper has a different absorption rate of ink so no two kinds of paper will give you the same test strip color.

From the back of the color chart]

Quick Dip™ Pond Test Kit tests your pond water for nitrate, nitrite, hardness, alkalinity and
      pH with a five-in-one test strip. It's designed from the same technology used in medical and science laboratories, giving you fast and accurate results. The strips are norrtoxic and simple to use. Just dip and read results in seconds. Testing your pond water has never been easier!
      Nitrate is the byproduct of nitrifying bacteria in the biological filter breaking down ammonia and nitrite. It is used by pond plants and algae as a food source. While relatively harmless to the pond, high levels can lead to excessive algae growth and damage pond plants. Nitrate levels should be kept below 200 ppm. To reduce nitrate: make partial water change and add Clear-Zyme?
      Nitrite is a waste product produced by bacteria in the biological filter as it breaks down ammonia. Nitrite is extremely harmful to fish and can result in severe fish loss. Nitrite levels should be kept at 0 ppm. If nitrite is detected, ammonia is also present and should be tested. To reduce nitrite: make partial water change and add Pond Clear-Zyme? (If nitrite is present, ammonia is also present. Add Pond Ammonia Chloramine Remover.)
      Hardness is a measurement of calcium and magnesium in the water. Most pond fish and plants prefer a hardness level of 50-150 ppm. If it's below 50 ppm, pH is affected; over 150 ppm and white mineral deposits will form in pond.
      Alkalinity, or buffering capacity, determines the ability to maintain a constant pH in the pond. If it is too low, the pH will drop to dangerous levels; too high and the pH will also be high, making it more difficult to lower. The ideal level for ponds is 120-180 ppm. To adjust alkalinity: add Pond pH Decreased or Pond pH Increased
      pH is the measure of acidity or alkalinity in water. A pH reading of 7.0 is neutral; lower than 7.0 is acidic; and higher than 7.0 is alkaline. The ideal level for ponds is 7.2-7.6. To adjust pH: add Pond pH Decreased or Pond pH Increased
      See label on bottle for detailed instructions on test strip use.
      Have Questions:
      1-800-357-7104 or

JUNGLE LABORATORIES CORPORATION
      BOX630.CIBOLO.TX 78108-0630 ©1999 All rights reserved.
      1361CC 12/99
      'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
      He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

MB...I haven't done a test since yesterday...I seem to have left the chart at someones house where I checked their tank.
        I will not be able to get it til a few days...
        Thanks, PhishPhreek...this will help til I can get my chart back.
        More or less will work, "nothing" is a problem with my different levels of fish population in different size tanks.
        Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

Working...
        X