Problem with my DIY stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my DIY stand

I started working on a new stand for my 125 and something is not going right.  I started making the base but it is lopsided(one of the corners does not lay flat).  the design is pretty simple, and is based off the below pic.

Re: Problem with my DIY stand

How long is your level?

Try to use a 4 foot level. If you are off on one corner use shims. Remember 2x4 are not always perfect.

Comment

The one in the picture is not mine.  I have only built the rectangular base, meaning just the part that would touch the ground.  Almost none of the 2x4's at Lowes were completely straight, but I figured once I started screwing them together it would keep things straight.

Comment

one thing you can do is place cabinet grade plywood on the bottom to correct the problem

Comment

First off.... is the location you are using flat ?  Most are close but garages & patios & driveways are sloped to make the water run off

Second,  I would recomend plywood pannels on the back and ends to stiffen the frame against diagonal loads.
          before you add these pannels, place the stant in the final location and check that the top is level and the bottom is flush with the floor.
          If not you need to place the tank on the stand  and fill with enough water to make the stand settle in place, then mark the frame
          where the panels should go.  Remove the tank and then add the panels, trim and stain or paint.
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
          X