first ich...now this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first ich...now this

I just completed treating my tank for ich.  And now have something growing on one rainbow.
    Timeline:
    Monday 3/10 40% water change, major gravel vacuuming (under rocks, moved plants)
    Thursday 3/13 noticed ich on 2 rainbows, 1 white skirt
    Friday 3/14 treated tank for ich with Tank Buddies Ich Clear (1/2 dose as directed because of cory/emerald cats), raised temp from 76 to 80, lowered water level to increase oxygen levels
    Saturday 3/15 15% water change, another round of 1/2 dose Ich Clear, Mom reported everyone doing ok with only a few ich spots(I was out of town)
    Sunday 3/16 15% water change, another 1/2 dose Ich Clear, all fish a bit depressed but no ich spots noted, no one eating well, bronze cory fins deteriorating with blood coming from one fin and random parts of his body; set up a hospital tank and let it run overnight
    Monday 3/17 15% water change and 1/2 dose of Ich Clear in main tank, moved bronze cory to hospital tank (no blood noted, but fins look terrible)
    Tuesday 3/18 15% water change and 1/2 dose Ich Clear in main tank, added dose of Melafix to hospital tank
    Wednesday 3/19 bronze cory died; put new filter pad with charcoal in 1 of two filters in main tank and 15% water change
    Thursday 3/20 40% water change and gravel vacuuming in main tank, everyone perky and eating normally, noticed strange spot on rainbow
    Friday 3/21 strange spot on rainbow seems to be getting larger (see picture)

Water chemistry was checked on Monday 3/10, Sunday 3/16, and Thursday 3/20. No ammonia, no nitrites, between 10 and 20 ppm nitrates, ph steady at 7.8.  Tank was set up in middle of December, fish first added in end of January, with 2 fish added every 2 weeks.  Rainbows were added on Feb 29.

This may have been more info than you needed, but wasn't sure exactly what was important.
    Thoughts on what is wrong with the Rainbow?  I can't quite seem to match the symptom to a disease.  The spot looks like it is growing under the scales.  The best description I can come up with is it looks like a pimple.

Re: first ich...now this

i'm no expert, but somtimes mother nature will take her course. could be infection or tumor. if it's infection-antibiotics. i would just keep a eye on him. good luck.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Try General Cure, its a catch all for infections, parasites, and HITH disease.

Good Luck.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Great info, thanks for including all of that.  

Any change in the rainbow? Were the rainbows you added on 2/29 the last fish to be added?
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Things have been the same.  The spot is the same size/color/texture.  She is eating just fine and behaving the same as always.  I haven't done anything with her yet.

Yes, they were the last fish added.

Comment

Working...
          X