Victorian babies - Yaay!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorian babies - Yaay!!

As I walked thru the living room a while ago, I saw something small dart against the back wall of the only cichlid tank i've got.  

It houses a pair of Malawi Albino Taiwan Reef, and a trio of Victorian Hap 44 "Thickskin's".  Both female 44's had been holding but last weekend I saw the smaller of the 2 wasn't anymore and she'd only been holding for 1.5-2 weeks.  I figured the fry either got swallowed by her, or she was kind enough to share with her tankmates (forgot to mention the 6" synodontis Ocellifer and 2 lf bristlenoses in there too didn't I?).  The larger one was still holding this morning when I was trying to figure out just where to put either the mother still holding, or all the other residents so her young wouldn't suffer an unfortunate fate due to my negligence.    

Needless to say, I squat down, grab the nearby 'superbright fish-seeker' flashlight and start looking.  Didn't see much until I got under the tank (which has no substrate) to see under the rocks, slate etc...  Bingo!!!  More babies!  Woohoo - I hadn't been hallucinating after all!  So off I go to fetch, net, bucket, floating basket and whatever else I figured I'd need.  

That was about 1.5 hrs ago.  

I just finished moving 7 fry into a floating basket in the same tank.  That's after moving/removing rocks, slate, etc...  I'm 99% sure I got them all.  The larger female is still holding so there's "more to come..."  These little ones must have been from the smaller lady.

Thus far, today has been a "Good Day!"

I'd take pics, but the basket is black and you can hardly see them at all.  Rest assured, when I can get decent pics, I'll post them!
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Re: Victorian babies - Yaay!!

CONGRATS SPOT !!!  
    Resident BUM !!!

Comment

congrats
      So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Congrats! You seem to be able to breed just about everything, don't you?
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

lol - only the things i'm not trying to breed!  The ones I WANT to - wont!
          The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
          Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spot86t";p="
            lol - only the things i'm not trying to breed!  The ones I WANT to - wont!
            Does that make you a Madam?
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

Working...
            X