Is my puff sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my puff sick?

OK. My puff has been very sedentary lately. Normally in the morning he's up playing in his bubbles and gets excited when he knows its time to eat... for the last 3 days he just sits at the bottom of the tank. I've done a large water change, checked the filter, checked nitrates and ammonia.

I had a party almost 2 weeks ago now where I bought some crawfish and fed him some. the next day the other crawfish were dead, most likely due to too many in an uncycled tank but I worry they were carrying something.

He moves occasionally, but not much, and not far.

His color is good. the guppies in the tank with him are doing fine also.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
    n

Re: Is my puff sick?

what kind is he?

Comment

MBU
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
      n

Comment

I have some Clout i can bring tomorrow. Not enough to treat a 150, youd have to drain most of the water or transfer him to a smaller tank.

Comment

maybe search this forum some......i hope it helps .....

keep us updated on his condition

here too....

Comment

Not sure how he would react to it but maybe epsom salt him and turn the heat up.

Live Crawfish sold for human consumption is pretty dirty and I would have qt'ed them before feeding it to the puffer.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I usually do QT them. Should have. but i promised party goers some crawfish.. Couldn't find any untill that day.. I was careless.

I've added epsoms salt and raised the temp as much as i can. (small heater in a big tank)

His color is good, he isn't floating, he passed the crawfish and has eaten since.   He just isn't eating, or swimming much..
              n

Comment

the live reds we eat are known to carry some bad stuff.  They're banned for import in some european countries for this reason.  Scroll down to the Ecological Impacts section on this page and it mentions other things too.
                The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Lets assume parasites, whats the best way to treat a puff. I may bring in my 30 gallon to treat him in. Going to be hard to move him though.
                  n

Comment

I would lean toward Binox.  I've had great success with it on a variety of fish - scaled, scaleless, etc...

Comment

According to this site  http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/.../5764/cid/1566  Binox is only for bacteria and fungus. Will it do anything for parasites? or should I use this in addition to a parasite med?
                      n

Comment

Hrm...  guess I wasn't thinking straight.  I've haven't had to treat for parasites yet, so I can't really offer advice on it.

Comment

and Clout is not for scaleless fish

I gotta find something.
                          n

Comment

I don't like the looks of those ingredients . but it treats a lot of water.
                            n

Comment

Mentions Clout as a good cure for Parasites.

Comment

Working...
                              X