Tetracycline Gel Drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tetracycline Gel Drops?

Anyone know of a LFS that carries Tetracycline Gel Drops?

I'm going to call around tomorrow, but if anyone knows of a store that has it, that would help.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Re: Tetracycline Gel Drops?

Comment

Thank you!!
      Our Fishhouse

Comment

no problem....google is wonderful

Comment

:P
          Our Fishhouse

Comment

I haven't tried to tetracycline but my livebearers never ate the parasite gel tek. You might be wasting your money and loosing your fish. Also I've never atually seen it in stock at a petco. maybe try adding for seachem, entice to it.

Comment

I got some and it just kind of floats around in the water, so what I ended up doing was putting their flakes in a little dish, then putting the drops on the flakes.  The gel sticks to the flakes and that's how I got them to eat it.  So, yesterday was Day 1.  We'll see how it goes.  :)
              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Here's how I got mine to gobble it up.

I took a cap from and empty tetra container (not quite 2" diameter), and in it I put:

Enough of the drops to completely cover the bottom, then an extra few for good measure
                Sprinkle about 2 layers of freeze dried brine shrimp
                a layer of dried bloodworms
                about 5 drops of garlic guard

I mixed this up, and since it was still soupy, added Omega One super color flakes (the pink flakes - my fish go nutz for these) until it was not "runny" anymore.  then I waited a while - knowing the shrimp and bloodworms would absorb more moisture out of it, and eventually it was a very pasty substance.  I used what they would eat and folded the remainder in some freezer plastic, squeezing all the air out of it and put it in the freezer for later use.

Once a few nibbled at it, the rest joined in.  There were a few who didn't but after they realized it was this or nothing, they took the hint.

I've also made the same mixture, adding some Jungle anti-parasite and anti-bacterial food - crushed since it was for little fish and even the small pellets were too big for them.  Added a smidge more garlic gard when i did that.
                The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Now THAT'S the way to do it!!  

I'm going to use that...well, not on these fish, but definitely on the others when needed.  The fish I'm treating now are Trophs so I'm limited on what I can feed.  But I love the mixture you used and am definitely going to use it in the future!
                  Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                  X