Filter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter question

I am about to buy an Eheim 2215. This is my first can filter. I need some advice,I"m a rookie on this.

Where do I place the intake/outtake tubes?  Different sides of the tank, same side

Do they go in at the same length? Different length?

How deep do the two tubes go?

Should I use a spray bar or not?

If I do is it going to be to much water pressure? Is it going to uproot my plants because of the strong current?

Re: Filter question

Hi Rick!

I do not think a Eheim 2215 will be too much water flow as long as your aquarium is more than a 29 gallon.

If this is going to be the only filter on the aquarium, I like to put the suction towards the center of the aquarium and as close to the bottom as possible.  If your using a substrate try to stay about 4 inches off bottom.  This is becuase your dont want your fish filling your canister with rocks n stuff.  This will help somewhat to prevent that.

For the discharge tubing, I ahve always prefered the spray bar, but I know a lot of people who dont use it.  I always put my spray bar as near the surface as possible, like a inch or less from water surface and either on the side glass or on the back glass to the left of the suction.  I will sometimes run a powerhead in the corner on the right hand side of the suction to help keep large solids from getting into the filter.

What size of Aquarium are you looking to use this filter on and what kind of fish?

Geoff
    380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
    300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
    180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
    150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Hey I set everything up.

Take a look and let me know what you think about how I placed everything.

Web Page Name

Comment

I am sorry but for some reasons I could not get the link to work.

Comment

Worked for me...tank is a 25 (?) gallon, planted.
          The Eheim 2215 does 134 gph minimum...seems like a lot for a 29 or a 25 gallon tank.
          My Ecco is rated more or less for a 30 gallon tank, and needs assistance on my 55 (40-60 gallon HOB), but it was almost enough by itself.
          Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

It worked today for me, dont know what happened yesturday.

I like the spray bar in the middle, but I would still have the spray bar aimned at the surface mmore and not towards the substrate simply because with higher surface agitation you get some additional O2 and the water surface may stay more clear.

Geof

Comment

Working...
            X