Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAVA MOSS

Can java moss be re hydrated???
    Like left on sun so snail die then be put back on aquarium...

Re: JAVA MOSS

I don't think so.  It's alive too so leaving it to dry in the sun would kill it.  then it would just turn to mush in your tank and foul it up.

I lay it on a piece of screen and blast it with the hose to get snails out.  This also gets rid of most eggs too.  then I rinse it with dechlorinated water and put it back in the tank.
    The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
    Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Thx
      Well not like to dry completely but just enough to get rid of snail,yep i was just thinkin about the screen thing too
      Thank you spot86t

Comment

It can be rehydrated. If its still green and very slightly wet. I had some setting out side during the summer put it in a fish tank and it was fine.

Comment

Ive heard of people using a bleach solution to kill the snails.

Comment

THx GUYS  
            Would hot water kill snails????

Comment

Some snails can't be killed with a nuclear bomb.... :) Hot water, not likely, they might enjoy a little soap with that bath too?

CF
              Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

You could put dwarf puffers in the tank, they keep snails in check.

Comment

JAJAJAJAJA 8O
                  I will make sure is AXE...
                  Hope it does well atleast an EXP i will add a lil bit of Snail-B-Gone....

Comment

hey about this java moss stuff.  will it grow in any kind of tank evan with out co2 and how fast does this stuff grow?

Comment

it can be grown in regular lighting no co2 required.  if you have super bright lights then it will grow very rapidly
                      Michael
                      Clear Lake, TX

Comment

how do i start it to grow. i got alittle from raul when i got those crayfish from him but i dont think its doin anything.  gets sucked into the filter.  i cant get it to stay put.  its breakin up and stuff

Comment

The crayfish probably cut it to shreds. You can use fishing gut and tie it together, then tie it to a piece of driftwood of slate or anything thats aquarium safe.

Comment

I leave mine floating in the tank. Eventually it attaches onto something and starts to grow. It should be okay in lower light situations. Most mosses like cooler temperatures (~76). As long as the moss doesn't get sucked up, it should be fine.
                            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

my shreds keep gettin in the filter and i cant really attach any of it.  i need a wad or it i guess

Comment

Working...
                              X