Fry Swimming on there sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fry Swimming on there sides

hey i have some fry that are like sitting and swimming leaning to teh left.  why are they doing that?  i have them in a fry basket and they are sideways.  my water parameters are fine and temp is like 78. why are they doin that?

Re: Fry Swimming on there sides

maybe the new "pimp my ride" fish gangsta style!!

Comment

actually i just did another test. i did the first one wrong. the nitrate is at like 80ppm.  what the hell. this is an old setup tank. been up for long.  what to do? water change i know but y is the level up? i havent done anything other than a normal cleaning about 1.5 week ago.

Comment

overfeeding?something die?water from the tap jacked up?vacuum rocks lately,if not you need to!
        havent cleaned HOB filters lately?

Comment

yeah when i cleaned tank i vaccuumed gravel good, but not too good, cleaned filter pads, and tap is fine cause myother tanks are fine.  something die?  not that i can find

Comment

Stop typing & change your water.
            Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
            Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
            Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

oh and i know its not over feeding cause i just did a test run for a vacation comin up to see if they would be ok if i didnt feed them for 2 days.  so yesterday was first day they got feed from the test.  but other than that i think i underfeed most of the time.  but they all healthy

Comment

its siphoning now.  lol.  thanks for the spankin. lol.  i beat u to it.  i started siphon before i typed anything.  should i vaccum gravel again or not?

Comment

40 or 50 % water change would be a good start.....dont forget your prime or amquel and try to get the new/fresh water temp close to the tank temp. Maybe add a small amount of conditioning salt as well.

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Good Luck
                    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

50% water change.
                      Raul
                      PokerFace

Comment

Use a power head to change your water faster. Yes vacuum the gravel as well.
                        Mod OF Marshreef

Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

what makes the nitrate go up?  did i over clean the tanks or what?  my tap water is fine. i tested it.  but my other big tank is high too.  i am siphoning it next.  but there arent any fish in it yet so i dont know whats up.  its been setup for long time too.  i cleaned it same time as the one i was askin abuot first.  did i clean too well or what? i sihoned the hell outta the gravel on both tanks.  is that too much or whats the problem

and the first test on the big tank.  i tested inside the baby basket.  it was showin like 80 ppm.  i tested teh water comin outta the tank and it showed like 40ppm.  y is the basket higher?

Comment

How many babies in the basket?
                            More waist the more nitrates will go up.
                            Mod OF Marshreef

Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

4 and they are only like 1/2 inch long

Comment

Working...
                              X