Fish stuck in jag's mouth - prob solved...hope he lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish stuck in jag's mouth - prob solved...hope he lives

I have a 3" jag with a 2" fish (dead) stuck in his mouth.....
    It ihas been in his mouth for about 4 hours now.  
    I put him in a large net in his tank.......
    Any clue what to do?
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: Fish stuck in jag's mouth

Dont put a fish in the same tank that will fit into a jads mouth.
    Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
    Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
    Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

:idea:  einstein moment walter!
      FYI these fish were in a grow out tank all together and today I was netting them to put in their own tank.  Thanks for the tip though.  
      5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
      29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
      / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Isn't Einstein the one that figured out grass only looks good once its been mowed???
        Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
        Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
        Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

Have you tried pulling the dead fish out?

Comment

yup......can't budge it.....
            I massaged his gills, his mouth......I pulled... and it's wedged.
            / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

How big is the jags mouth? Could you use needle nose pliers to break the fish in two?

Comment

butter, pincha salt, hot grill

Comment

okay....I tried as gently as possible to crush the fish with the pliers... but ended up working it out backwards.  The jag ate flake about 5 minutes later.  *shrugs* I guess he will be okay.  I think part of the fin of a peacock got stuck.
                  / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Re: Fish stuck in jag's mouth - prob solved...hope he lives

brutal and festivally graffic uke:

Comment

He'll live. Good job Reba.

Comment

hey maybe your jag was tryin to give the other one cpr. lol

Comment

8O fish CPR?......i think the fact that he had him in his mouth is a dead giveaway that he was making a snack out of the fishy not trying to revive it.... :doh:

Comment

na.  u cant be sure. maybe they were in a DEEEEEEEP  KISS ACTION.  lol

Comment

He's fine this morning.  I got him and 10 others as itty bitty fry, just above squigglers from Mike.  I returned all of the others but these two.  The larger (I call him the male) suddenly began to grow and eat my other grow outs in the same tank.  I was emptying the tank/ cleaning when I noticed that the fish was in it's mouth.  When I was ending things for the evening, that is when I noticed it was still in the mouth.  Thus, the post.  Anyway.... my jags have their own 42 hex for the moment.... until I move things around AGAIN.
                              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
                              X