Baby cories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby cories...

Spot, your baby albino cories from the auction are in a 10 gal happily picking along the bottom.  I don't know how to do the baggie of worms though.  Help?
    5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
    20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
    29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
    29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
    29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
    55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
    75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
    / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Re: Baby cories...

I'm not spot, but might this help any?

"You can get microworm culture on e-bay for a couple of pounds in our money, not sure what that will be in dollars. I got my culture from e-bay and that was 6 to 8 months ago. You just make up a new culture every week and it will go for ever, and the fish love them. I feed my guppies with them . It helps keep them healthy and brings the colour out more. You just make a paste with oatmeal and a sprinkle of yeast and add your culture and you will have microworms in about 3 days."

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Maybe this one?

Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

wow, thanks.  Spot gave me a starter baggie.....
        5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
        29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
        / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Good Luck with the cultures, keep us posted on your progress ...

Comment

I like the info on the second link posted more than the first.   (http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Live...Microworms.htm)
            Hint on the culture container tho - use sandpaper or steel wools to lightly scuff the container sides so the worms have an easier time climbing.  
            I also add a little dry baby cereal - plain multigrain type.  I do this because it's higher in vitamin content than oatmeal.  Worms eat the vitamins, fish eat the worms - that's gotta be a good thing.
            Also, don't get the culture medium into your tank - it'll foul it quickly.  I use a piece of silicone tubing to scrape the worms off the sides, spinning the tubing as I scrape.  This way it's easier to avoid scooping up any medium.  Careful not to overfeed.  When you've got more worms than the cories can handle, feed them to the other fish.  Neons, Rummys, blue tetras, guppies - they'll all gobble them up.  It may take a feeding or 2 if they're used to flake their whole life, but once they figure it out, they'll swarm the little cloud of worms soon as you put them in.
            The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
            Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

I put the babies in a tank that had been going for quite a while and only inhabited by a single feeder rosey.  I moved the rosey and put the cories in there...and boy were they happy...they went to town.  And spot...they are absolutely adorable.  Thank you for bringing them to the meeting....
              / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

Working...
              X