No announcement yet.

Catfish sting? Should I visit a doctor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catfish sting? Should I visit a doctor?

Was bagging these catfish up for a member and while bagging these son of a bi*****, one tagged the palm of my hand through the bag. Should I go and visit a doctor? I hate to go to a doctor and pay for something that isn't needed. Any help would be kindly appreciated. Pics of the catfish that tagged me are below. If it something that I should go and get taken care of quickly please call me, 281-513-9736. Thanks.

[img]http://links.pictures.aol.com/pic/8fd0dDB8nBZ9k*mYuEv2E2xMakKyTwoBt-*Y_l.jpg[/img]

Re: Catfish sting? Should I visit a doctor?

As long as the spine didn't break off, it doesn't get infected, or you have an allergic reaction you should be fine. I've had a few catfish get me over the years and I've never had a problem, but I'd watch it for a couple days to make sure.
    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Cool thanks my man, I don't feel anthing in there and it doesn't hurt to touch it, but will watch it. Thanks again!!

Comment

Wow, catfish sting? Like his fins stabbed you?

Comment

Yeah, that is what it might be as well, they do have some long top fins

Comment

I've been poked by a Syn. eupterus before to where it drew blood. I'm still around and suffered no adverse effect from it.

Perhaps the syno was saying that he didn't want to go anywhere. Was he "squeaking" too?
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

i been poked by a blue catfish caught in the river and it drew blood and nothing.  i just put some neosporane and bam.

Comment

I got poked in the side of the foot once. The barb broke off but I didn't know it till it fell out about a year later.
                So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

I had a Eupterus get me too and draw blood.  I had a group that turned a doubled up bag into a pin coushin with me in the process.  I didn't have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_chair";p="
                    I got poked in the side of the foot once. The barb broke off but I didn't know it till it fell out about a year later.
                    Hum  looky here im growin something outtta my foot maw.  lol.

Comment

Write up a will and leave it all to me.....you're a goner..... :)

J/K of course, no worries mate, I too have been stuck a few times in the past, I've just rinsed with cold water and all is well.

CF
                      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

CF is right, you're a goner.  He doesn't have room for those clowns so I'll be down after work today to pick them up alright?

The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                        Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Sorry Spot, it appears I am going to live. Just glad I didn't need to cough up any $ to dr's. After last year's dr's tab, I surly didn't want to give them anymore of my $. Well at least I get to write off a little over 3300 in medical co pays. Hey Spot the big loach told me that it ready for your big tank and is ready to move

Comment

Working...
                          X